This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All, Another Site Newbie Here

I just thought I'd say hi here - I've been browsing around, looking at other posts. I had been thinking about trying to find some sort of support group in my community to have coffee and 'whine' with, but the prevailing thought here seems to be that this forum right here is probably the best thing going, and it looks good to me!

In a nutshell, I've been married for 15 years and trying to get my husband to go along with a separation/divorce for 10 of those years. Sigh. It's been a very quiet and polite 15 years. Until now that is. It looks like my divorce is finally imminent, and hoo boy my husband is showing a pulse now let me tell you. Anyway, you'll probably see me mostly in the "emotional" threads on this site now, I'm having a really tough time dealing with guilt and sadness, and also what to do with the freedom I have now - I'm 40, no kids, a whole life staring me in the face!

Well, cheers everyone, talk to you soon!

Lydster

Hi Lydster,

Welcome to the forums! I think that you'll find it a very supportive place.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Hey Lydster - welcome! There's a lot of really great people on this site. We all have such complicated stories to tell.....By your husband having a "pulse" I'm assuming he's really upset but can tell you are too. Hold on tight.

Comment

Hi lydster,

welcome to the forums

Its a good place to vent, or tell your story. Having several opinions is better than one. Brainstorming so to speak

Comment

Lydster,

Welcome to the forums! Your userid immediately evoked a sense of leadership?

Guilt and sadness? No, it's just that you are very compassionate by nature.

You'll find the support here ... vantastic!

Hubby

Comment

Yes, not doubt about finding support here. Its an amazing group here, one Im proud to be a part of.

Great to meet you!

Comment

Hello You!

I am sorry that you had such tough time in the past. At the same time, I want to congrat. for finally stepping into a new path.

I know all about sadness & feeling guilty so if you are on the forum and see me available, PM me! Let's chat!

I hope you'll feel better soon.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X