Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Details?

Three found dead in Spruce Grove home - Edmonton - CBC News

I wonder if it is intentional to not explain the backstory here. I want to know if the guy got screwed by family court , cheated on, kids taken away etc... and lost it or was he crazy from the start.....

I know it's not politically correct but if things are happening to cause fathers to do this to their kids we need to assess what those things are and help them.

ironically spruce grove returns a lot of google results for these types of crimes...

Comment

guess where my ex lives.....

Comment

Lol @ Arabian

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          ironically spruce grove returns a lot of google results for these types of crimes...
          Two boys, 11 and 13, killed in Spruce Grove murder-suicide - Edmonton - CBC News

Father kills his kids - no excuse for that, family court or not.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...uce-grove-home

Whitecourt is approx. 1 hr's drive from Spruce Grove
          Last edited by arabian; 12-20-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Links is not saying that killing your children because you lost a custody dispute is acceptable. I think Links is saying though that it is often important to look at the underlying causes of a tragedy, so that we can take such steps as are reasonable to prevent such occurrences in the future.

The words used by the "stepfather" give some clue as to the type of custodial relationship that was present in this particular sad case.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              Links is not saying that killing your children because you lost a custody dispute is acceptable. I think Links is saying though that it is often important to look at the underlying causes of a tragedy, so that we can take such steps as are reasonable to prevent such occurrences in the future.

The words used by the "stepfather" give some clue as to the type of custodial relationship that was present in this particular sad case.

Why is the word "stepfather" in quotes? The stepfather had been involved in the children's lives for nine years. The boys split their time between their mother's home and father's home. They were enrolled in school and sports in Spruce Grove where their father lived. There is no indication at all that custody was an "underlying issue" in these murders. This was a 50/50 situation, which is what we all want, right?

The man murdered his sons and then killed himself because he was severely mentally ill or because he was purely evil. Speculating about custody issues cheapens their deaths.

Comment

very sad situation... I'll watch for updates

‘You will be forever loved and missed,’ Spruce Grove in mourning after boys found dead in dad’s home | Edmonton Journal

Cowardly act indeed.

Comment

Father of 2 boys killed in Spruce Grove murder-suicide described as kind, doting - Edmonton - CBC News

latest update for inquiring minds...

Comment

When you put people in a corner they react in ways you wouldn't expect. Take their kids away, take their income. Some people can't cope.

Don't take their kids, don't take their money.

I understand this to be EOW situation which as far as I am concerned is:
                    Give all your disposable income to your Ex
                    Give her every other weekend off to screw around (which you are funding)
                    Have no say in your kids lives
                    Wait till she moves to lose your kids forever.

Comment

There was something going on there that hasn't been in the news yet. Perhaps the mother told him she was going to move and take the kids away from him, perhaps he was diagnosed with cancer and couldn't imagine the kids without him. Something extreme had to have happened that he couldn't deal with rationally, and so he resorted to this.

Comment

Somewhere out there a mother is sobbing her heart out over the loss of her children.

I am so thankful not to be walking in her shoes right now.

Very, very tragic situation.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                          Why is the word "stepfather" in quotes?
                          Having sex with the mother does not make a man a stepfather.

I think the term "stepfather" should be used when the father is dead or not in the lives of the children. If the father is still around, then the mother has a boyfriend or husband, but the kids do not have a stepfather.

The man murdered his sons and then killed himself because he was severely mentally ill or because he was purely evil. Speculating about custody issues cheapens their deaths.
                          When you forcibly remove children from parents, a certain percentage will snap. They are mentally ill in that most people would not snap under that strain, but ignoring the proximate cause of that snap is disingenuous.

In this particular case, why is the "stepfather" using the term "coward"? I find that very interesting.

Comment

All speculation in a weak attempt to paint the mother as cause for her children's murder.

We know NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              We know NOTHING
                              Originally posted by Arabian View Post
                              Cowardly act indeed.

Father kills his kids - no excuse for that, family court or not.
                              Originally posted by stripes
                              The man murdered his sons and then killed himself because he was severely mentally ill or because he was purely evil.
                              All speculation in a weak attempt to paint the mother as cause for her children's murder.
                              I think the point here is that speculation is wrong, unless you are speculating that the father is evil or cowardly, in which case it is acceptable.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X