update my situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update my situation

Just wanted to start off hoping everyone had a good Christmas and New years.

Well I go a letter once again from her Lawyer telling me that on the issue of spousal support , the law is more complex than I make it out to be and that i do further research or consult with a lawyer. he also added that the existence of an agreement is only a factor in determining whether spousal support should be awarded. I will be proceeding with an application that the agreement you and ? made was unconscionable and should be set aside.

I replied indicating that I'm willing to work with you in regards to some amendments to our agreement Ie kids schedule and some other stipulations that you have mentioned. But on the grounds of spousal she indicated she did not want it when she left and our agreement indicates that this a final settle with no further support.

We will see what happens now... Yes I probably have made some mistakes trying to do this myself but with all the great help from all the great people on this board I've got the confidence to stand strong.

I probably should have stayed stronger in the beginning when she first came to seek spousal and made no offers yes I was going to pay her that easy just to make her go away and with some poor advice from my original lawyer who drew up another agreement also and said just pay her>>> . The self rep scares me a bit but all of you give me great confidence.

Why are you even engaging in that conversation with him?

You both have an agreement that you both agreed to.

Trust me, we all panic and get scared when we get letters like that. They are meant to frighten you to get you to agree to what they want.

If he had a good case, he would have already gone to court. He's trying to fish out as much information from you as he possibly can before going to court. Sounds like a weak case if there is already an agreement that she waved spousal support.

Let them bluff all they want. Don't give her spousal support. She has to go to trial for that. Chance of success, slim to none.

Comment

Thanks again

I'm not going to give spousal,... 3 years later she tries to come back and get more money .. unreal in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by zanman View Post
        3 years later she tries to come back and get more money .. unreal in my mind
        Isn't that how all women in this country are? Take every sucker (oops I mean man) they can get their hands on, and take them to the cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by m-chan68 View Post
          Isn't that how all women in this country are? Take every sucker (oops I mean man) they can get their hands on, and take them to the cleaners.
          ummm I don't think this is an appropriate remark do you? There are many females on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            ummm I don't think this is an appropriate remark do you? There are many females on this forum.
            Sorry. I guess that should have read, "Isn't that how A LOT (not all) women in this country are?"

I'm sorry, but if the women who do use the system to take their "man" to the cleaners, take offense to the negative opinions of them then boo hoo, my heart bleeds for them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X