Payor might flee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payor might flee

My case is currently stalled in court. The respondent is delaying constantly. He has started to list his properties for sale. He is a pilot with a girlfriend living in Dubai. I have a legal aid lawyer. I think he is about to flee the country as he has threatened it before. My lawyer says the is nothing he can do until the financials are filed by my respondent. Thoughts or suggestions?

If you have your children then let him flee. Then pick yourself up and support yourself. Oh and file for sole custody. Sometimes you are better off without the hassles.

Many here have regretted forcing " parent" to be a parent because the tables get turned on them. IMO let him gooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bellbaby View Post
      My case is currently stalled in court. The respondent is delaying constantly. He has started to list his properties for sale. He is a pilot with a girlfriend living in Dubai. I have a legal aid lawyer. I think he is about to flee the country as he has threatened it before. My lawyer says the is nothing he can do until the financials are filed by my respondent. Thoughts or suggestions?
      No kids who cares. If there are kids then collecting child support from Dubai is impossible.

Comment

I believe FRO might possibly have some leverage.... federal pilot license?

Comment

They will confiscate his passport I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            yes the passport is one of the first things to go

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              They can only do it if he doesn't pay. Also, it sounds like he is a citizen of another country... Possibly one that FRO has no contact with.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                I believe FRO might possibly have some leverage.... federal pilot license?
                Possibly. But, that is if it wasn't issued by another country that FRO has no contact or bilateral agreement with.

Comment

This stuff is so confusing. He does have a federal pilot license. I guess I'd need to do show that there has been no contact and once the final principal residence is listed for sale schedule an emergency motion.

We have a daughter he is refusing to acknowledge. It out him in an uncomfortable situation with his long-term girlfriend he forgot to mention existed.

Comment

The problem is the girlfriend is somewhat wealthy so she could finance him to relocate.

Comment

Unless you are after the money I think you should just let him go. No one needs that grief. Make your own life and support yourself and your daughter.

Careful what you wish for! You force his,hand he might just come back,and bite it yours off!

Comment

I am after the money. I think he should be supporting the baby. I make enough I can support us. But he makes four times as much as me. I figure it takes a man to sort his child. This one is a boy. So he can support her financially.

Comment

The nobility and purity of your actions warm my heart

That said, if he is selling properties in Canada, why can't you just get a lien slapped on them? If you have evidence that they are being sold you can probably get some sort of interim order.

Comment

That's the other problem - my baby is only a few months old. Everything is stalled. I filed in court in August, self rep. He never filed his financials, which were due the end of September. So in October I retained a legal aid lawyer. He hired a lawyer in November. His lawyer told him fill out the financials and file your income tax (he never did that either). And he just stopped dealing with his own lawyer. Just up and stopped. His lawyer sent my lawyera letter asking for more time. So my lawyer said he can't do anything until the end of January. We don't even have a court order yet...

I qualify for legal aid and I depleted my savings as my mom was diagnosed with cancer same week I found out I was pregnant and she passed the day I had my baby. And I have no family. So the care and cost was on my shoulders. Lots of people, doctor's, groups did help but it was a huge cost as she had pancreatic and the ill-effects of it hit so fast, I couldn't believe it. It was a missed diagnosis. She was diagnosed and that was it. Within a month she couldn't do anything for herself, so I went off work to do basic daily care for her. She was given two weeks but lasted eight months. She was trying to see the baby. It's awful to say but if she had passed earlier I would've been at work earlier and would've had savings still to hire a more capable lawyer...

I think I'm at a loss and my hands are tied in this situation. I don't think I really have any avenues to take...

Comment

Do you have evidence that he is selling properties or not?

Courts are not for people who are cooperating, they are for forcing people to do things when they are not cooperating. You can probably safely assume that if he is planning on selling his stuff and leaving the country that he will never file anything even remotely close to a financial disclosure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X