Update and question re: FRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    Definitely call the ombuds office too. The fact that they get a large volume of calls on FRO is a motivator to the government to add staff and address the issues. Its not a solution but it gets the gears going.

As their statement says “good parents pay” and there are thousands of good parents. Unfortunately there are a lot of “bad” parents who think punishing their ex’s is a great idea. Take note of this for future litigation with your ex.

Thanks. I haven’t considered calling the Ombudsman but I will do so if I can’t get anywhere with FRO. For the record, just called FRO twice - it’s 8:30 am and they already aren’t answering. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My partner started faxing them. He would get letters or calls back. Then he spent one morning calling them repeatedly. It took him about two hours but he got his answers. He also tried signing up for online service but they screwed that up too. The ombudsman is very forceful when they call and they deal directly with upper management. Having been on the receiving end of an ombuds call at my former employer, I can safely say they are scary and get the job done!

Comment

Ange I think you need to have his portion of daycare fees changed into an order that FRO can enforce instead of him doing direct deposit to you because clearly its not working. From your previous post looks like he is employed, so eventually they can garnish his wages.

Do you feel now that this has to do with you mediating instead of going to court to get an order? Or it wouldn't have made a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          Do you feel now that this has to do with you mediating instead of going to court to get an order? Or it wouldn't have made a difference?

Even with a court order she could have experienced this. Mediated settlements are turned into an order when it comes to cs and s7. Her ex refused to pay which led to the mediation and now continues to be a dick. The saddest part of this whole thing is that people get away with this and they make good parents who pay look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            Even with a court order she could have experienced this. Mediated settlements are turned into an order when it comes to cs and s7. Her ex refused to pay which led to the mediation and now continues to be a dick. The saddest part of this whole thing is that people get away with this and they make good parents who pay look bad.

I agree with Rockscan that this would’ve happened regardless. An agreement is as good as a court order in the eyes of FRO. He has a rich history of being in arrears and fighting me on any money related issue. FRO will eventually enforce. I did end up getting through to someone and will now be going through the process of adding the daycare amount on. All of this is super time consuming and stressful. I shouldn’t have assumed I was in the clear after a year of litigation and a final amending agreement. He was only on his best behaviour when it “mattered”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X