False Arrears sent to FRO..need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Arrears sent to FRO..need some help

My husbands ex sent Fro a arrears form stating he owes over 22 thousand in arrears in cs. That would be two years. This is a lie. He has never missed a payment and we have the proof in his bank accounts.

I'm guessing we get print offs from the last 2 years and fax them to the case worker? He left a message yesterday with them but not sure when we will hear back. What else can he do? I know how fro works but I'm not sure what to do on our end. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

That is all you have to do. Just demonstrate the payment to FRO. Hopefully you have been paying through a method that can be traced. Like through checks and/or direct deposits. If you have a financial institute like a bank that can verify that the transaction happened then you are ok.

Comment

Thank you. Yes , it was through direct deposit with our credit union.

Comment

Let this thread be the PERFECT example of why I have every monthly statement from my savings account, dedicated EXCLUSIVELY for the purpose of transferring CS money into the EX subhuman BITCH'S account every month. I don't trust her any further than I would be capable of picking her up and throwing her.

Comment

You need to contact the case worker and advise them. They will give you a fax number. You fax a letter outlining the amounts with the proof attached. They will then process the "dispute" and not proceed with any action until its decided on.

Deep breath. A lot of this stuff happens. Its called a dispute and they will process it with proof. He just needs to get in touch with his caseworker and advise them he is disputing the additional charges as they were already paid.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it. I just don't understand how someone can make up whatever numbers they want and think it's the truth. Another thing is , my husband recieved a letter saying they will garnish any federal money he may get. After the very first letter fro ever sent him. I find it weird.

Comment

I find it weird.
              Welcome to sparta.

Comment

Here is what you do

CALL FRO and ask for an statement, this will show all the money they received from you and all the money they sent to mom

Request all payments made to FRO from your credit union, bank, whatever.

Talk to your case worker, get a fax number, and send them to her.

Let FRO deal with it.

I've had problems with FRO and they have always addressed my situation in 2 weeks time. Be sure to escalate and email the ministry if FRO doesn't return your communications.

Comment

Fro has never recieved money from us. We have never dealt with them. My husband pays child support directly into her account from his account. She put in a arrears form to fro for 22 thousand dollars , which equals two years. She's obviously lying because we have all dates and amounts. This is our first contact with fro.

Comment

Welcome to the effed up entity that is FRO. If you have a vindictive ex intent on making you suffer, FRO is an excellent way of doing so.

They would have sent a letter. Call the number, speak to someone and get it all sorted out. Hes not the first and he wont be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                      Welcome to the effed up entity that is FRO. If you have a vindictive ex intent on making you suffer, FRO is an excellent way of doing so.

They would have sent a letter. Call the number, speak to someone and get it all sorted out. Hes not the first and he wont be the last.
                      For the very reasons outlined above, if I were in that situation I probably would be CC'ing any copies of correspondence on your part to FRO, to the ombudsman and the media as well. The higher up the food chain so to speak, the better. Individuals, agencies (and yes, I would think government agencies included) don't like negative attention drawn to them for any wrongdoings on their part.

My arrangement is exactly the same as the OP's. My EX has been very vocal about having support payments deposited even one day late. I just let her flap her gums to the wind.....

Comment

Be sure you include documentation showing that the amount Dad sent Mom was the correct amount (e.g. if Dad was sending Mom $800 per month, be sure to include a copy of the divorce order saying that Dad would pay Mom the amount owing under the child support guidelines, as well as Dad's tax returns for the years Mom is disputing, as well as the calculations showing that for someone of Dad's income, province and number of kids, $800 is the amount that the guidelines produce). Just having proof that Dad sent $800 every month to Mom isn't much use if you don't have proof that $800 was amount he should have been paying. It sounds like Mom may be claiming that he underpaid CS, so Dad needs to show that he didn't.

Comment

You should have been sent an arrears statement. More than likely she submitted the court order with the cs amount in it and claimed it hasnt been paid. Once you call to formally dispute it they will tell you what they require. It will more than likely be a bank statement showing the amount.

My partners ex submitted an arrears statement where she listed what he hadnt paid. He called his caseworker who put a hold on the enforcement and then he submitted a letter outlining why it wasnt an eligible arrears claim. Their agreement is vague on items and also listed that s7 was subject to a net cost calculation. FRO does not calculate anything and they accepted his dispute and removed the arrears.

Its a very straightforward process and you need to get in contact with the caseworker. People pull this crap all the time.

You may also want to log the complaint with the ombudsman office since they did a big news story about the volume of complaints about FRO and the issues they have with enforcement. The story they went with publicly was a man who was jailed for not paying after they had sent letters to a wrong address.

Comment

Thanks again for all the info. It relieves some of my stress. I'm so tired of these weasel exes lying and thinking they are going to get away with it. It's been hell for us for ten years. I feel for everyone going through this.

Comment

Originally posted by lizlemon View Post
                              I'm so tired of these weasel exes lying and thinking they are going to get away with it. It's been hell for us for ten years. I feel for everyone going through this.
                              Trust me. I can relate very well. Mine has been on ODSP since we parted ways. She certainly has caused enough hell and tension with my current partner of 13 years now. I'm in the midst of hopefully nipping things in the bud with mine. But if I were your partner, I would log exact dates and times of ALL correspondence with them, along with getting the names of all you've dealt with. Keep records, and be prepared to CC all correspondence to everyone as I've advised above.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X