• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our birdy made to press again.

As it appear our birdy made news again.

For thouse who not aware is why birdy you can read this
    Trimming bird wings in hamilton

So article about Judge's writing style but reference two decisions with birdy

In the words of Justice Alex Pazaratz

in an unusual case where a mother had been ordered to make payments to the father who had been given sole custody of their child.
    this pretty much said it all. Sad.

WD

PS
    For thouse who decide to read latest decision... no it did not slow birdy down as hoped. She already payed 3k and filed motion to change with the same affidavits. So trial #3 looks like approaching...

Sorry to hear that.

I think people who incessantly litigate suffer from some sort of mental illness.
    It is appalling that they get away with this.

Comment

You know WD, if you had been in front of some of other Judges - they would have taken the OCL report and gone with it.... and this story would have been completely the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        You know WD, if you had been in front of some of other Judges - they would have taken the OCL report and gone with it.... and this story would have been completely the other way.
        well, I am very aware of such possibly as I been told that every time I came to the court before the first trial...

Now every time I come to court I am being told that if other side would be a guy we would be done long long time ago...

Now of thouse make me feel very good.

WD

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

390 hours at $35 is a steal, (or the $11,500 she actually paid). If you hired a lawyer your bill would be upwards of $120,000!

What are they referring too about not making an offer to settle 7 days in advance? Was the offer(s) you made not 7 days before your next court hearing(s)?

Comment

Great Article WD!! You've made a significant contribution to clipping the wings of other wannabe birdy's, helping many of us still fighting the good fight.

Sorry to hear your birdy appears to be a very slow learner. Has she been declared a vexatious litigant yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieSunshine View Post
              390 hours at $35 is a steal, (or the $11,500 she actually paid). If you hired a lawyer your bill would be upwards of $120,000!
              lawyer would not bill 390 hours. I spent probably twice more but the whole point was to show amount of time and not money side and let judge to decide.
              She did not pay. She filed for bancruptcy. Here judge went over history of what paid and what not if you interested...

What are they referring too about not making an offer to settle 7 days in advance? Was the offer(s) you made not 7 days before your next court hearing(s)?
              It was not. Offer to settle was not on my priority list and I think I just missed that 7 days before period scrambling to prepare for the trial...

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDad23 View Post
                Great Article WD!! You've made a significant contribution to clipping the wings of other wannabe birdy's, helping many of us still fighting the good fight.

Sorry to hear your birdy appears to be a very slow learner. Has she been declared a vexatious litigant yet?
                Not yet but after trial #3 what I really hope is going to be last one she might. Saying that I do not think it will change her approach a bit.

Comment

My ex has to get leave of the court each and every time. This was put in place by requesting a "case management judge." In other words, we get the same judge for as long as the judge has seized the file.

Has it made any difference? No. Since case management the judge has continued to approve any and all applications by my ex - I believe this is merely for entertainment value for the judge.

When you request a case management judge you run the risk of getting a judge you may not want. We ended up getting a judge who used to preside over personal injury cases and who was very unpopular in that venue. Lawyers in that area were quite relieved when the judge moved to family law. Our bad luck - we were assigned this judge. I believe we could change the judge but my lawyer was reluctant to do this.

Next time I get dragged to court I will self-represent and request a different judge. Not sure how I do that but if there is a way I will find it.

It's been blissfully peaceful this past year as ex's g/f has suffered a heart attack and a stroke. I have always maintained that had it not been for this woman my ex and I would not have been in court for past 5 years. So do I wish ex's g/f a speedy recovery? Not a chance. I hope Karma keeps dishing out justice as opposed to the courts.

Comment

WD - can you go for summary judgement? Are you able to request case management by the judge you favored?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                      WD - can you go for summary judgement? Are you able to request case management by the judge you favored?
                      yes I can and I most likely will in this case. Judge we have is going to be our case management judge for this round I guess but I do not know fot sure yet.

And no I do not think you can request favored judge.

WD
                      Last edited by WorkingDAD; 09-22-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

How is your son doing?

Comment

I understood that lawyers can write to the Chief Justice (in Alberta anyhow), and possibly the judge who heard the case, and request they seize the case.

[DOC]REQUEST FOR CASE MANAGEMENT
                          http://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/file...request-EN.doc

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                            How is your son doing?
                            Little bugger doing really well considering circumstances.
                            Incredibly (I mean it) strong willed (as it called here ) kid but very kind, lovable and making friends (especially girls) everywhere he goes.

School is going to be very challenging I think for him as it really boring and not challenging mentally (as it was for me) and all thouse rules he need to follow...

At least he do not need to deal with loving Lenin and Communist Party what I got myself noticed in school having really big troubles to do and probably would be in Siberia by now if not collapse of USSR

But he will survive and hopefully me too

WD

Comment

The chief judge of Quebec saved me by assigning me to a normal judge.... if he hadn't done that there would have been a good chance I would have been in front of a loony judge who happens to be in my area a lot.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X