Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Divorce question

Hi,

I'm newly divorced. My partner and I were married a very short time (under 1 year). We had a separation agreement written up (lawyers used).

Years before I got married I had purchased a home which than became the matrimonial home. The separation agreement clearly stated my spouse had no claims on the matrimonial home. The home was mine and there would be no division of funds.

Just wondering now that I'm divorced. can I sit back and relax now? Would I have to worry about my spouse trying at some time to put claim on the home? For some reason it still worries me.

Thanks

You were married less than a year. I'm assuming there were no children? You owned the home prior to marriage. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that your Ex would get any part of it.

If his/her intention was to make a claim on the property - they would have tried to include this in the divorce decree. It's a done deal. Case closed.

Comment

Hi,

Thank your for your reply.
      There where no children, I forgot to mention that.

Feeling much better now!

Comment

Frankie says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3ywidZkkw

Comment

Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
            Hee! This. Is. Awesome.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X