OCL 2nd interview. What to expect ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL 2nd interview. What to expect ?

I have my 2nd interview with Assessor today and wanted to know what to expect? Is it simular to the first ? Any surprises ?

Went through the 2nd interview. WOW. The basis of this interview was to go through anything that has recently happened or to add to any statements but most importantly it was to hear what the ex concerns were and to comment on these concerns.

Wow. My jaw dropped after hearing what my ex had to say. Completely ridiculous accusations and abnormal concerns about my mental and emotional stability. I disposed everything she came up with. You really don't know someone until you go through this. Absolutely ridiculous and without merit.

I am anxiously waiting for the Disclosure meeting.

Comment

was it a lawyer or a social worker?

Comment

The assessor is a social worker.

Comment

what is OCL?

Comment

Oh I can believe it! We never used OCL but mom really pushed for it. Judge refused as there were no clinical issues and even said "you are both good parents....this isn't a father who takes his kids for pizza EOW...". and that didn't send out the right message as she had accused dad of being a pedophile etc. Even had affidavits to support those claims (not good ones but she did try).

People get desperate. It is the escalation of commitment that takes over. I also think they need to inflict hurt the ex as they think it will bring some relief to their own pain. Its kind of an eye for an eye so to speak.

I know in mediation we brought up all the silly allegations and how all the authorities were pitted against us systematically. I don't know if it ever occurred to her that it was stressful for the kids too. Then again, maybe she didn't care.

Comment

It is unfortunate Serene. In the end , all of this is for the kids and it's unfortunate that the ex is misguided.

In my case, the ex has presented a boat load of concerns with the ocl. Most of them out of context and the rest where simply false.

The issues I now face is a comment the Assessor posed on me , " how can you have joint custody is communication is this bad". I almost fainted. I explained that communication is only poor now because we are in court and she is trying to establish a false status quo.

It is difficult to sit quietly and patiently and think of our kids while she is throwing knives . I almost feel that she is throwing everything she came at the ocl and I'm here taking them and constantly having to disprove the allegations .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've read many cases where parents don't get along but still have shared custody. In our situation we do our best to not communicate with mom at all. Really, what is there to discuss? Kid is home sick because he has a cold - no further communication necessary.... although I can say that it probably bothers mom that dad doesn't say "oh dear well I hope he is better and you are doting on him blah blah blah" as most times we get a follow up email saying "he is doing better, thanks for asking" (and he didn't ask....).

At the very least suggest parallel parenting.

As the kids get older they can take more responsibility in managing their relationships with their parents. Kids at 6 can bring their birthday invitations to the appropriate parent, etc. So it should become less of an issue as time goes on....

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
                  I've read many cases where parents don't get along but still have shared custody. In our situation we do our best to not communicate with mom at all. Really, what is there to discuss? Kid is home sick because he has a cold - no further communication necessary.... although I can say that it probably bothers mom that dad doesn't say "oh dear well I hope he is better and you are doting on him blah blah blah" as most times we get a follow up email saying "he is doing better, thanks for asking" (and he didn't ask....).

At the very least suggest parallel parenting.

As the kids get older they can take more responsibility in managing their relationships with their parents. Kids at 6 can bring their birthday invitations to the appropriate parent, etc. So it should become less of an issue as time goes on....
                  Despite extremely poor communication between my ex and I, OCL recommended that 50/50 / joint custody was the way to go. They implemented a schedule that avoided contact between us (ie to school from school).

None of it worked, but it was the OCL recommendation anyway. I have no faith in OCL recommendations as a result of the fiasco it created for me. But, nevertheless, OCL recommended joint custody despite very poor communication.

Comment

Sorry to hear abt all the hurt and pain you are all going through with OCL. Its the vindictive ex's who make false allegations against good people who ruin it for the "actual" people suffering from abusive situations.

People can make anything up but they have to prove thier case if anyone is going to believe them.

The real abusers get away with murder with manipulation. I believe the liars are in the same category as the abusers. Abusing the system and everyone around them.

For you good people who are facing allegations, stay true to yourself and your children. The truth always comes out!

Comment

I am overly anxious for my disclosure meeting within the next month. I would really like to see how the assessor saw everything and getting an outside view of the situation.

Regardless of the outcome, unfortunately I feel that it is headed to trial anyhow . The ex has been rigid from the beginning and it has only got worse over the course of the proceedings.

The judge has already awarded me an immediate trail along with the immediate involvement of the ocl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drainedbysystem View Post
                        Sorry to hear abt all the hurt and pain you are all going through with OCL. Its the vindictive ex's who make false allegations against good people who ruin it for the "actual" people suffering from abusive situations.

People can make anything up but they have to prove thier case if anyone is going to believe them.

The real abusers get away with murder with manipulation. I believe the liars are in the same category as the abusers. Abusing the system and everyone around them.

For you good people who are facing allegations, stay true to yourself and your children. The truth always comes out!
                        The problem with OCL, in my opinion, is that they're nothing more than social workers with opinions on the situation. They have no real insight into the dynamics that create the familial situations we are in.

OCL gave my ex "a pat on the back" for being such a wonderful parent. This was based on one event, one item, one visit. OCL didn't see the other 364 days of the year.

If you are dealing with an ex that is highly manipulative, a skilled liar and a narcissist, OCL won't help you at all. In fact, it may hurt. It hurt me.

Within in weeks of OCL disclosure he stopped seeing his daughter altogether. Hasn't seen her since (it's been 2 years), and has now left the country with the joint custody (recommended by OCL) intact and is not cooperative.

In our recent round in court - he gave up custody and requested ZERO access.

So, OCL was another system/person that the ex has successfully manipulated into supporting him. It was another "hoop" for me to jump, another hurdle to overcome when dealing with an extremely uncooperative and manipulative ex.

I wish you luck.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X