X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having fun

Hi Everyone,

This is a nice place to share and gather information, specially when I represent myself.

I am fighting SS. My son lives with me 76% of the time on temporary order and his wishes. I am re-married and to my son, I have step daughter and daughter from new marriage.

Have been divorced in 1997, but till 2003 we were in and out of cohabiting, while I was in USA with my son and she was in Canada as per her CRA filings. But she did spent a some time in USA.

In 2006 she filed for SS and it's been dragging on. I do not have stable income as I am working for Corporation owned by me 70%. She "performs special services to men for cash" as my former counsel puts it and that is really hard to prove. However she takes my son twice a year to Cuba and goes on vacation herself. As per temp. order she was imputed income of 20K, while I was imputed 84K based on Credit Application, but not on CRA assessment. CRA was 17K. I was under impression, that judges should use CRA assessment for calculation.

Next steps:

1. questioning
    2. Settlement conference
    3. Motion, I brought up and adjourned, she failed on court order twice.
    4. Will see where 3 of above will lead us

I wonder if someone is in situation close to mine, so we could exchange ideas and experience.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X