Finally Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Moving

Anyway I can make sure my ex does not try to get an apartment in the same complex (multiple buildings) I just rented in? Custody is being contested, residency has not been determined for when we finally more out of matrimonial home however kids have told her they want to live with me. OCL involvment pendy.

Do judges encourage that kind of proximity? I am very opposed to her potentially following me to the same apartment complex 'for the benefit of the kids'. I don't want them thinking they can run back and forth at their whim, or that she can take advantage of the proximity to deviate from whatever access and sharing schedules get determined.

Took me 15 months to get her in front of a judge after initially offering to do things collaboratively without any cooperation and during that time she followed me to same institution for person banking.

Any thoughts aside from just withholding that information as long as I can?

Restraining order?

Maybe become best friends with the superintendent and/or owner? Pay them some cash ?

Comment

Probably not... unless you have a restraining order on your ex. She is permitted to rent where she wishes and many parents live in close proximity to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As mentioned above, no. Not without a restraining order preventing the ex from being within a certain distance of you. We have freedom of movement in Canada, thus a person is allowed to live where they want.

Also, unless there is fear of violence or harassment, a restraining order would be unlikely. And I doubt a judge would look kindly on the reasoning of your argument that the ex is too close to the kids. The ex's argument of being close is in the kids best interests is actually logical and generally encouraged.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X