Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 -50 parenting = Healthier Kids

This Divorce Arrangement Is Worse for Kids

Interesting little article for those who still think that sole custody is better for children - packing suitcases is a small inconvenience when all the benefits of shared parenting are taken into account.

I often say my ex deserves EOW or even less but even if I had the power to do it I wouldn't only because I can see happiness many time on my kid's face, weather going there or coming here. Now if there are other factors are envolved too, different storry. Like PA. Moving etc.

Comment

I agree with this however on the condition that both parents have happy healthy homes. My case is not unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstTimer View Post
        I agree with this however on the condition that both parents have happy healthy homes. My case is not unfortunately.
        The definition of a happy healthy home is debatable, that's the problem. As far as I can see the courts will get involved if there is serious abuse or negligence - and that, should be proven before they intervene.

So many spouses play the system, make wild accusations in order to get sole custody and/or gain financial advantages ... worse is those parents who are seriously cra-cra that somehow manage to keep their kids even when it's not it the child's best interest's. Many cases simply slip through the bureaucratic mess until it's too late.

This may sound awful harsh but very careful who you breed with!

Comment

Very true. I guess the reason I said that is for the very reasons you mentioned below.

And no that doesn't sound harsh at all, that was a nice way of saying it. My mom is abit more pragmatic. She just says you're stupid.

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
          The definition of a happy healthy home is debatable, that's the problem. As far as I can see the courts will get involved if there is serious abuse or negligence - and that, should be proven before they intervene.

So many spouses play the system, make wild accusations in order to get sole custody and/or gain financial advantages ... worse is those parents who are seriously cra-cra that somehow manage to keep their kids even when it's not it the child's best interest's. Many cases simply slip through the bureaucratic mess until it's too late.

This may sound awful harsh but very careful who you breed with!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X