This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single dad

Hi everyone...I am a single dad with 2 kids...ages 11 and 13.........I have had custody for 18 months now and my ex-wife does not and has not paid child support...the divorce is not final as she keeps delaying it by haveing doctors notes and not showing up or her lawyer cancels and or no shows...it is very frustrating and finacially tight ( braces are expensive) when I ask her to help, all I get is "NO" and "NOT UNTILL THE JUDGE ORDERS IT" what kind of a parent will not support their children?

Good luck to you "Single Dad"...kids can be tough and no |I don't know of anyone who wouldn't take care of their kids....I'm the "Mom who gave birth and raised them on my own for 20 years" even though I was married and 2 daughters 16 and 19 want nothing to do with me...for two years...I sound like the worst mother on the planet and they've convinced me I am....but I know in my heart I was the one who did it all...but protected them well...I would do anything, even sign over the house if they would just talk to me, swear at me, anything...So I wish you luck and believe me the feeling of giving up is there everyday, the depression and feeling useless and isolated. Maybe consider it a blessing you have your kids and obviously they feel you are the one who loves them and wants them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X