• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support

Hi Everyone

What program does everyone use to adjust child support
    Do you use the Canadian Government website or the SSAG

We do offset child support as we have 50/50

I seem to get a difference between them ?

Thanks

The federal tables were updated so that might be your problem.

Comment

Ok I will use the 2017 Federal tables

Thanks

Comment

I'm curious on what tables to use should I be use the new 2017 tables or should I be using the older table as in our agreement we update our Child support January 1st of each year. this means I actually pay Child support for the tax year of 2016. She is currently taking me to court to have our agreement tossed out , I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and using the correct tables. Also she got a $6.00 dollar raise last year but I guess she didn't need to inform me of her current income change?

Thanks for the advice in advance

Comment

I could be wrong, but no, I dont think she would need to inform you of the income increase until it comes time to share your tax returns. I thought the standard was to base child support off of the latest tax return rather than the moment someone's income increases with a raise.

Comment

Technically you are to update when income changes as children are supposed to benefit immediately from any increase. Most of the time its easier to do tax returns.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X