OCL Disclosure Meeting & Minutes of Settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL Disclosure Meeting & Minutes of Settlement

We had our OCL Disclosure Meeting beginning of March. It was agreed in the meeting that Ex's lawyer was going to prepare the Minutes of Settlement based on the recommendations of the OCL.
    OCL recommended that I get sole custody, however to dialogue with ex but final decision making to me.
    Ex - to still be on supervised visit but times to be expanded to 4 hours weekly instead of the 2 hours every other week.
    and a few other things.
    Ex's lawyer was going to do a draft, and the OCL said they was going to look it over and would indicate where the OCL'srecommendations were and then we would sign the Minutes of Settlement.

The OCL also told me that I was not to contact her after the OCL Disclosure meeting (I'm not sure why, but I am thinking it was because she's made her recommendations) and all we needed to get was the Minutes of SEttlement signed.

It is now almost one month, and I have not heard from my ex's lawyer. I sent her a letter stating that I was to get a reply by end of today.
    QUESTION: There has been no reply (as usual), so what is my next step ?
    Do I contact the OCL by letter advising that I have not received the draft Minutes of Settlement from the ex's laywer, and write in that letter the recommendations she made, and send that as the draft for the other side to sign ?
    The OCL mentioned that she would like us do the M of S rather than having to write a "whole report that was not going to do anyone any good" and that it would take a lot of time.

Anyone been in this situation before ?
    It is highly unlikely that ex's lawyer will reply to my letter. they have never responded to anything I've requested.

You wait for the report.

Comment

the OCL did what they had to do, now its up to you and your ex to sort it out. The OCL is not your lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        the OCL did what they had to do, now its up to you and your ex to sort it out. The OCL is not your lawyer.
        Actually, the OCL has not completed their task.

It appears as if the investigator is being lazy and does not want to actually write the report, with an eye to settlement having been achieved.

However, it seems this is not the case.

All you can do is perhaps call the investigators office and request the report be forwarded to you in a reasonable time frame. Then you use the report in further legal proceedings.

Remember how way back I suggested to watch yourself at the disclosure meeting EGAL? This is the kind of shenanigans I was talking about.

I would not be surprised if the other sides' 'games' on the matter somehow make it into the report.

No doubt you are anxious to move things along, but thats not how it works in real life usually.

Wait for the report, and continue on to trial. If the report has not been produced by your next court appearence - make sure the Judge knows it.

Comment

OCL responsibilities

Are you representing yourself? it looks like it. When you had the meeting with the OCL, you should have made it clear that no more of waste of time and that the OCL prepares the minutes and publish them in a week time. OCL has a boss and you should address these with the boss. Go back to the ocl and report this. In case you do not have a response from her lawyer, see if you can do the minutes and send them to her and copy OCL and give them a week to reply. IF no response, then you need to file a motion. Let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by E-Gal View Post
          We had our OCL Disclosure Meeting beginning of March. It was agreed in the meeting that Ex's lawyer was going to prepare the Minutes of Settlement based on the recommendations of the OCL.
          OCL recommended that I get sole custody, however to dialogue with ex but final decision making to me.
          Ex - to still be on supervised visit but times to be expanded to 4 hours weekly instead of the 2 hours every other week.
          and a few other things.
          Ex's lawyer was going to do a draft, and the OCL said they was going to look it over and would indicate where the OCL'srecommendations were and then we would sign the Minutes of Settlement.

The OCL also told me that I was not to contact her after the OCL Disclosure meeting (I'm not sure why, but I am thinking it was because she's made her recommendations) and all we needed to get was the Minutes of SEttlement signed.

It is now almost one month, and I have not heard from my ex's lawyer. I sent her a letter stating that I was to get a reply by end of today.
          QUESTION: There has been no reply (as usual), so what is my next step ?
          Do I contact the OCL by letter advising that I have not received the draft Minutes of Settlement from the ex's laywer, and write in that letter the recommendations she made, and send that as the draft for the other side to sign ?
          The OCL mentioned that she would like us do the M of S rather than having to write a "whole report that was not going to do anyone any good" and that it would take a lot of time.

Anyone been in this situation before ?
          It is highly unlikely that ex's lawyer will reply to my letter. they have never responded to anything I've requested.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X