X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support

Not sure if these have been answered or not but;

Child Support is based on your yearly income - including overtime? If my paystub shows I make $50000/year but my T4 says I had a good year of OT and states I made $56000 last year is my child support now going to be based on $56000 and not my actual income of $50k? even though I'm not gauranteed to get $6k of overtime again?

And another questions about income, the annual review for Child Support adjustments are say in May - if I get my annual raise in December should I be increasing my Child Support before May?

And finally - extra expenses (in our draft) is in proportion of incomes - does she count the child support, child tax and gst into her income - which would actually put her making more $ then I do - but if not, then I make more and have to pay more. (the questions above will also relate to extra expenses)

Thanks

Cats v lion

You could have tabled child support calculated by

taking last 3 years income tax returns/assessments line 150

add the 3 together and divide by 3 to determine an average income for child support purposes and cross reference against tables

line 150 year 1 = x dollars
    line 150 year 2 = x dollars
    line 150 year 3 = x dollars

= X dollars ÷ 3 to determine average amount and cross reference against applicable table

or you could just take 2005 itax/assessment line 150 amount and cross reference.

Generally as a rule of thumb if ones income fluctuates year to year they take the last 3 year's method.

I would keep the annually review in may or June or wait till you have Itax completed with final assessment in hand.

I believe she would include those amounts into her income for section 7 expenses. Generally these extra expenses are proportional to the income. If she is making more money than you , she may be expected to contribute more to these expenses as an example , 60/40, 70/30

If these expenses are for such things as daycare, remember to get a receipt for your share of the proportional day care expense.

Comment

Thanks for those calculations!
      Really shows one needs an accountant for these nitty gritty details for fear of making an error..

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X