When using children to change get child support or custody change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When using children to change get child support or custody change

First question: Can an audio recording of the child of 15 be used to prove the truth over a lie, or to show the court that choice to be at one parent or the other is not written in stone for the purposes of child support and custody changes?

No, unless it is to prove the kid is being raped

Comment

Originally posted by 2TheEnd View Post
      First question: Can an audio recording of the child of 15 be used to prove the truth over a lie, or to show the court that choice to be at one parent or the other is not written in stone for the purposes of child support and custody changes?
      from what I have read here, Judges frown on parents recording kids. At 15 the child does have more of a choice of where to live so why would a recording need to be made to prove anything?

Comment

Just don't do it. If you played an audio recording of your kid saying s/he wants to live with you (which is what I assume you're talking about) you're in effect forcing the kid to testify against the other parent. Plus, if the kid finds out you're recording his/her conversations to use in custody disputes, s/he will never trust you again.

At the age of 15, s/he is old enough to express his/her wishes of his/her own choice and to a competent professional, not being secretly recorded. Your child should not be used in your dispute without his/her knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
          Just don't do it. If you played an audio recording of your kid saying s/he wants to live with you (which is what I assume you're talking about) you're in effect forcing the kid to testify against the other parent. Plus, if the kid finds out you're recording his/her conversations to use in custody disputes, s/he will never trust you again.
          ^^^ This!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by stripes View Post
          At the age of 15, s/he is old enough to express his/her wishes of his/her own choice and to a competent professional, not being secretly recorded. Your child should not be used in your dispute without his/her knowledge.
          ^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't record children unless they are being abused.

Comment

I can only think of one case where a secret recording has helped, and that was a recording of another adult. Even then, the judge explicitly said in the judgment that the video could have been selective and that the recording parent could have set up the other parent, so he was not giving it much weight at all.

I have never seen a case where recording children has worked out for the parent making the recording. Not one. I have frequently seen cases where the recording was used against the parent making the recording.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X