cas fined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cas fined

case in London Ontario where CAS gets nailed and the mother has to pay substantial court costs.

Marathon trial hits CAS with $1.4M bill | The London Free Press

The removing of evidence seems particularly damning to the CAS. At that point, it looks like they are only concerned with saving face and not doing what is right by the children.

Comment

This 2014 case rang a bell. Wonder if there are any updates, 2 years later?

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...million-17654/
      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

The article above is dated April 2014. It's the same case mcdreamy linked.

I'm curious too if CAS ever actually paid up.

Comment

Looks like the Society appealed in Oct 2014 and were crushed.

Interesting, the appellate court noted that the trial judge made factual findings based on virtually his own credibility assessments. I think there are some ongoing discussions on the forum now about credibility assessments?

CanLII - 2014 ONCA 692 (CanLII)
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

wonder where they will get the money to pay? Would they be insured somehow or will they take it from the operating budget?

Comment

I could believe the waste of money. When my ex first left, she called CAS on me because I had forgotten to put the seat belt on my son in the back seat.

They investigated......huge hassle.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X