This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing a Post

Okay, here's a post that doesn't belong anywhere except in this category for posts that *quote* "don't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting." Through carelessness I often make
    a mistake in a post, but then notice and fix it later. That worked for a while, but all of a sudden, I can't edit my posts anymore, so, for example, the one I posted recently that was titled "Factors Effecting Support" can not be fixed to read "Affecting" like it should be. Has anyone else noticed that the eidt feature seems to have been disabled? Can we have it back? 'just wondering...
    -gt-

There were some issues with people editing posts. They’d ask a question, get some answers, and then delete the original question. This made the answers look a bit silly as you couldn’t really tell what people had responded too.

I’m open to input on other ways to handle this, but for now I’ve disabled the option of editing posts. Anyone who’s a moderator can edit a post, so you can send a private message to a moderator if an edit needs to be done. I know that’s a bit tedious, so I’ll see if I can set up a system where if you’ve made a certain number of posts you can automatically edit your own posts.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Jeff,

What if you allow Senior Member's to be able to edit posts. Not delete them just be able to fix typo's so the post make sense, especially when we are posting late at night . In my case it would save Lindsay time when I ask her to fix my typos. I know I need spell check, but it doesn't always work.

Thanks,
      Grace

Comment

Jeff,

Grace asked me awhile back to fix a typo for her. I wasn't to sure how to do it.

I figured out how to fix my own typos etc but wasn't able to fix hers.

How does one edit someone else's post?

Comment

Originally posted by Grace
          Jeff,

What if you allow Senior Member's to be able to edit posts. Not delete them just be able to fix typo's so the post make sense, especially when we are posting late at night . In my case it would save Lindsay time when I ask her to fix my typos. I know I need spell check, but it doesn't always work.

Thanks,
          Grace
          Yes, that makes sense...I'm looking into how to do that.
          Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity
            Jeff,

Grace asked me awhile back to fix a typo for her. I wasn't to sure how to do it.

I figured out how to fix my own typos etc but wasn't able to fix hers.

How does one edit someone else's post?
            Logicalvelocity, as a moderator, you can edit anyone's posts. There should be an "edit" button in the bottom right-hand corner of every post, which you can just click to go to editing mode.

You can do other things as well. When you're logged in, there should be a little box in the top right-hand corner of all the posts. If you click that box, the post should light up. Then, towards the bottom of the screen on the right-hand side there's a drop down menu of options with things that you can do (move the post, etc.)

I hope that clarifies things. Let me know. It's a bit difficult to explain without diagrams.
            Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I think I've set things up so that anyone with 100 or more posts can edit their posts. Let me know if this is working or if there are problems.
              Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Thanks so much.
                Grace

Comment

Jeff,

I see the edit button on my own post's but no one else's.

I have used the edit button to fix some of my typos, works great

Comment

logicalvelocity - I'm having this looked into.
                    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

So we need 100 posts to edit our posts?

Hmm.. thats not good for those of us that tend to make alot of typo's

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff
                        logicalvelocity - I'm having this looked into.
                        Haven't forgotten about this....sorry for the delay.
                        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Logicalvelocity,
                          This should be fixed now. Let me know if it's working.
                          Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I seriously needed to edit a post but Im still not at 100!
                            Any chance of changing that rule? Its up to you of course

Comment

Just PM Lindsay, she was great at fixing my typo's until I could fixed them on my own.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X