X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Hello,
    Long time reader, first time poster.
    I don't have a question at the moment, but thought I'd introduce myself.
    I've gained a ton of knowledge over the past while reading all the great advice you all have to offer.

The facts:
    DS 1 - Born 2004
    Married 2007
    DS 2 - Born 2010
    Separated 2010
    Divorced 2012
    Sole custody with unsupervised access
    X pays full CS, no S7
    No court order, we did our own separation agreement with ILA

Glad to meet you all and looking forward to contributing

Welcome. Does the father of the children visit the kids often?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Welcome. Does the father of the children visit the kids often?
      Yes and no.

He's currently living in our city since he's on parental leave for another child, so he's EOW and Wednesday evenings.

Other times he lives out of town and sees them every 3-4 months or so.

Comment

That sounds like a life of a fisherman's wife. I had a friend who lived in the UK who was married to a man who was at sea for 3 - 4 months at a time. Strangely enough she enjoyed the arrangement. She ended up divorcing several years later as she missed her family in Canada.

It must be difficult for families in the Armed Forces. I assume there is a pretty tight bond for the at-home families.

Comment

Not much help on the financials part but just wanted to say welcome to the board!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            It must be difficult for families in the Armed Forces. I assume there is a pretty tight bond for the at-home families.
            So much so that I've heard there is a lot of infidelity... "Don't worry bud, I'll look after your wife while you're posted to a war zone."

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
              So much so that I've heard there is a lot of infidelity... "Don't worry bud, I'll look after your wife while you're posted to a war zone."
              That's very true, but unfortunately it goes both ways.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X