Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for others separated but living together??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for others separated but living together??

Hi,
    I'm new here and have been reading lots of posts to try and find some information.

I've been married for 17 years and it's coming to an end. We have 3 children who will be affected but we can't seem to work things out.

Due to financial reasons (what else??!!) we have to stay in the same home for an undetermined amount of time. I'm trying to draw up a separation agreement but all of the examples I can find online deal with a spouse having left the home.

Is there anyone in a similar situation who could give me an idea of what to include in the agreement? Would love to hear from some people to see how they've dealt with this.

Thanks!

Hi loonlover17,

I have no advice to offer you, but just wanted to say what we are in the same boat. This is very new for me/us (or has been comnig forever, dependiing on how you look at it), but know you are not alone.

Comment

Hi loonlover,
      My ex and I were separated and lived under the same roof for eight months. Was the worst eight months of my life and after my ex punched in the stomach after a stressful argument following our youngest child's surgery, the children and I (and their kitten) moved out (per advice of police) until the separation agreement was completed (about four months later).
      Look upon living together while separated as a temporary measure, not permanent, unless you and your stbx are exceedingly civil and fair to each other for the sake of your children.
      Include in the agreement what happens to the house. Does she buy out your share? Do you buy out her share? Do you sell the house and split the proceeds? Once you both have something you can agree on, then you can move forward.
      Good Luck -- it won't be fun if you're like most separating couples.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X