Child Abduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Abduction

Another child abduction by a parent but this one has a twist: Alexander Fiodor Levin Tried To Hide Child, Now Facing Possible Jail Time

I hope they through the book at him - this one takes the cake!

Originally posted by Learner View Post
    Another child abduction by a parent but this one has a twist: Alexander Fiodor Levin Tried To Hide Child, Now Facing Possible Jail Time

I hope they through the book at him - this one takes the cake!
    Book? I propose the library...

Comment

I've been accused of planning an abduction that was never the case. Believe me some parents go all out in some cases!!!

Until I can have my day in in court I am restricted to supervised access of my children 4 hours a week.

For months he kept threatening to kick me out and call the police. I started looking in the same city and began to pack. When I found a place I told him. But I didn't get it and he stressed me out about finding a location close to him and no more than 5 miles away (his proposal said no more than 20 )!! Found another 1 and gave him a weeks notice. Negotiations for primary residence settled. Access for him almost a done deal. But 2 days after I told him he served me with a court order, stripped me of custody, no access on basis of abduction. Only managed to get supervised access for now until OCL completes assessment (cuz he threw in there mental illness and substance abuse) .

I'm the mom. I stayed home to raise my kids for years. Its a devastating experience .

Comment

Sounds like you have had a very difficult time. When you moved away with the children was it very far? Did you get laboratory testing done to prove no substance abuse? If you have mental illness are you under the care of a physician or psychiatrist? When do you expect the OCL to complete their assessment?

Comment

Originally posted by gone_bald View Post
          I've been accused of planning an abduction that was never the case. Believe me some parents go all out in some cases!!!

Until I can have my day in in court I am restricted to supervised access of my children 4 hours a week.

For months he kept threatening to kick me out and call the police. I started looking in the same city and began to pack. When I found a place I told him. But I didn't get it and he stressed me out about finding a location close to him and no more than 5 miles away (his proposal said no more than 20 )!! Found another 1 and gave him a weeks notice. Negotiations for primary residence settled. Access for him almost a done deal. But 2 days after I told him he served me with a court order, stripped me of custody, no access on basis of abduction. Only managed to get supervised access for now until OCL completes assessment (cuz he threw in there mental illness and substance abuse) .

I'm the mom. I stayed home to raise my kids for years. Its a devastating experience .
          I am confused... if your other post you said you had sole custody of your children??

Comment

Berner its a complex family situation . Kids from diff couple relationship.

Comment

arabian no mental illness. All testing postponed until report from OCL and they were just appointed. Don't even know if its an 89 or 112 yet.

Comment

Well I don't see how Dad would have a leg to stand on, if you have sole custody of some of your bio-children, how are you posing a threat to your children with him? Hopefully this gets sorted out soon for you, but you did come to the right place if you are looking for advice.

Comment

For some reason gone_bald I don't buy your story that you are selling here. As a researched person in the matters of parental child abduction the way you present your position is odd to say the least.

The evidence to establish even on a prima facia basis that a parent is potential flight risk is not an easy task. I point you to this thread to reference the complexity of such a matter:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...heading-12778/

In addition I advise you read this case law:

2012 ONSC 3104

What you are projecting below is a complex mix of personal opinion and logical fallacies that just don't add up.

For months he kept threatening to kick me out and call the police.
                  It is really easy to make these kinds of comments to a public message form but, do you have any actual evidence, beyond your emotional reasoning, in support of this "fact" you are trying to establish? Witnesses who will testify that this occurred? Emails stating this? Recordings?

I recommend you read this thread as well:

"The difficulty with the term “abuse”... (Case Law)"

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ase-law-16809/

I started looking in the same city and began to pack. When I found a place I told him. But I didn't get it and he stressed me out about finding a location close to him and no more than 5 miles away (his proposal said no more than 20 )!!
                  Sounds like the other party is well researched on the key elements of joint custody and equal access of children. Furthermore, the other party has been properly advised not to change the children in the matter's habitual residential location. 20 Miles is 30KM roughly. In certain areas of Ontario that distance could mean children are in a car for over 45 minutes of travel time (or more) to get to school. Justices tend not to like those kinds of things.

So, although you are "shocked" as to what the other parent is saying and are trying to project the other parent as "controlling" (possibly). I highly recommend you take two steps back and consider the reality of the **GOOD ADVICE** you have been given about remaining close the child/ren's habitual residential neighborhood.

You are free to choose to live anywhere you want gone_bald but, you cannot abruptly move the children from their habitual residential location. So, if you are planning to move those distances between court jurisdictions I would advise you to think again.

If you leave say the Hamilton region and move to Halton region the parent whom remains will have the advantage as in accordance with Rules the proper court district will be Hamilton, the children's habitual residential location and not the new place you moved to. The Halton courts will simply return the matter to Hamilton. (Same goes for Peel -> Toronto etc...)

Remember the "Great Toronto and Hamilton Area" is not a legal entity. Mississauga is a part of the Peel Region which has it's own court house and Toronto has their own family law court house in the city of Toronto.

Think of it this way... If you move from Mississauga to Toronto and file in Toronto. 99% likely the Toronto justice will throw your matter right back to Peel... Then you have to explain to a justice in Peel why you moved to Toronto... It is like telling a police officer that their city sucks and why you were speeding (breaking the law) to get out of the city. Not going to win you any favour with the court.

So, although you may think this is bad advice... You have gotten good advice.

Please read this thread and the threads linked in it to see why you shouldn't take offense to the good advice provided by the other party:

"Moving With A Child - Case Law - Habitual Residence"

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...sidence-14033/

Found another 1 and gave him a weeks notice. Negotiations for primary residence settled.
                  The whole concept of "primary residence" loses much luster when joint custody and equal access is in place. In fact, the neighborhood and more importantly the child/ren's school becomes the focal point of what defines the primary residential area of the child/ren and not a particular parental home. You should contemplate that for a very long time.

Also, if they were "settled" then they were written up and signed to in my humble opinion. In matters like this the only thing you can rely upon is a signed document... not someone's word.

Finally, if all you have is "your word" then it is mostly "hearsay" as to what you agreed. Furthermore, if you did agree to something or were negotiating that is protected under Rule 18 of the FLR and cannot be disclosed in the court proceedings until an order is made and for the purposes of costs determinations.

Access for him almost a done deal. But 2 days after I told him he served me with a court order, stripped me of custody, no access on basis of abduction.
                  What do you mean you "told him"? Told him what you would agree to for access? Or what access would be? Or that you were throwing Rule 22 and sub components of the CRLA out the window and moving the children without the other parent's consent?

If that is the case then good on the other parent for bringing the matter to court and insuring that the child/ren's habitual residential location, relationship to their school, neighborhood and friends were not disrupted by your "controlling" actions.

Only managed to get supervised access for now until OCL completes assessment (cuz he threw in there mental illness and substance abuse) .
                  This is where I think your story falls flat. On any order I have ever seen (of which I have seen many) resulting from an urgent motion even brought ex-parte on Application the justices will 99% of the time ORDER the CAS to investigate the matter. Especially the allegations you are suggesting the other parent relied upon. You wouldn't be dealing with OCL at all at this point in time. CAS can investigate and turn around a response to the courts rather quickly if ordered to in most jurisdictions. They will talk to doctors and can setup drug tests etc...

Your story is odd...

It would be a rare situation that a justice on affidavit evidence alone would lock down a supervised access long term. This only happens (see example above) after a LONG motion hearing and often a viva voche trial of some sort.

There is something very fishy about your story to say the least...

Good Luck!
                  Tayken
                  Last edited by Tayken; 01-30-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I was not present when the application was filed "emergency" to the judge ex parte . The serve was an ambush and he was scolded when I was able to appear days later. Judge close to transferring custody back to me but was ambushed again. He ordered us out of the courtroom for 2 months.

I have a lot of evidence to support my "emotional reasoning" that is not short of months of recordings.

Im not the "controlling" party far from it. You suggest that "habitual residential location" is more important than prospect of alienating the mother and siblings? Woooah... :-/ Merci for the support !

P.S. my residence is 3 km away. The first one was 11 km away the one I didn't get. his proposal was within 20 miles

Comment

Sorry gone_bald...but yes a Judge will most likely order that a child stay in their place of residence, rather than move. That is not saying you shouldn't get access, but I wouldn't expect to be able to relocate the child because you chose to move. If you want equal access to your child, you need to be close to where the child lives.

Sorry but there was obviously something in those documents that made the Judge order you have supervised access and if you appealed, why are you still in supervised access?

I would suggest starting your own thread and let the posters know what you require assistance with, but please note, we are not here for emotional support, we are not necessarily going to tell you what you want to hear to save your feelings. You will get blunt answers, not emotional ones.

Comment

can in pm. Tayken your inbox's full. new here. don't know who else to pm thats reliable

Comment

so you have sole custody of 3 three daughters from a previous relationship and step-daughters with the guy you just left?? The guy you just left accused you of trying to abduct his 2 kids (your step-kids)????? You have supervised visitation of your step-kids???

Really not making sense to me. Could you maybe explain the dynamics a bit more??

Comment

^standing - you may not be deemed to be "reliable" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              ^standing - you may not be deemed to be "reliable" LOL
                              lol It just seems like there is something fishy with this poster. The story just doesn't seem to add up.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X