Ex won't show previous years tax statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex won't show previous years tax statements

In our agreement, it states we must show each other's year end income statements (tax return notice of assessment).
    I've sent texts to remind her but I never get an answer or she goes off on me.
    She is quick to show me her last paycheck but that doesn't include unemployment statements when she gets temporarily laid off or goes off for any sick leave. If she would properly show her income plus what I pay her in SS, it puts her over the next tax bracket. What can I do If she's not producing these statements as per agreement? I hate spending money on lawyers since I'm bill free from that subject.
    I'm told by my lawyer I will be paying SS for at least half of my 17 year marriage unless there is any circumstantial changes.
    It's been over 5 years.

I run into the exact same issue except its dealing with my ex paying child support. In our agreement he is to provide NOA by June of every year and child support calculated accordingly. He won't. FRO won't enforce it. I have only now gone back to lawyers fighting for it. He knows that unless it is substantial increase that it would cost me more in lawyers to enforce it. Frustrating system...

Comment

Ontario just had a provincial election. Too bad this wasn't addressed.

I do know that the maintenance enforcement agencies across the country compare notes and collection processes are similar. Does Ontario's FRO not have a recalculation program for Child Support?

Alberta has this program: Child Support Recalculation Program - Alberta Justice

Comment

What I'm also curious about is that I had CS discontinued through a summary judgement over a year ago because neither of my boys were no longer in school. The oldest had to drop out due to his marks being too low and it was his 2nd time he was failing bad & risked being suspended from the college for 2 years. In that time he got his girlfriend pregnant. The youngest has been out of school due to junior hockey. He's now turning 20 and his supposedly returning to school. Could my ex come back at me for CS? Or what if she decides not to right away and comes at me 6 or 8 months later, am I on the hook for back support? I can't see why I would. I personally don't think she will b/c she will be asked to submit her last 3 years NOA's in which I know she's not going to like that because he has been hiding income. My youngest stays with his girlfriend 90% of the time too. My ex has sent me texts saying my youngest never comes home. Oh well! Lol, he's a man.

Comment

It should be an automatic function. You have a court order signed by a judge and you should be able to submit this to CRA and they send each parties NOA and. Tax Return to each party.

Simple. Then Fro can receive a copy from each party and make the simple calculation. It should not require $$ of legal fees, court time to get simple information and make a calculation a child could make. Its just a table for goodness sake. The technology is there. Now,all,your T4 's etc are automatically inoutted into your CRA account.

BUT

We would likely cause unemployment within the legal system! Can't do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
            It should be an automatic function. You have a court order signed by a judge and you should be able to submit this to CRA and they send each parties NOA and. Tax Return to each party.
            Even easier... Because there is an order registered CRA just produces the evidence to the agency or both parties without either party having to get the disclosures from each other. The reciprocal cost savings from all the nonsense motions to get yearly financial disclosures would come to an abrupt end.

I am surprised that they simply having automated this already. It would save tax payers potentially hundreds (if not billions) over a few years.

They could even produce a combined "family income" based on the parents filings and send information to both parents.

Having the parties attend to it just creates conflict...

Good Luck!
            Tayken

Comment

Its too simple and obvious. Lawyers would hate it.

Comment

It's a great idea, but it requires a federal agency to communicate information with a provincial agency. Not going to happen! Federal agencies don't even communicate with each other very easily. It's all about privacy concerns.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X