This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Conference

Does anyone know about how long it takes in Ontario for a Case Conference appointment?

It depends...

Hi Denisem,

There is no definite answer to that. You can get an early date if a judge orders that a case conference be scheduled by a certain date, but normally, you could be waiting between 1 and 3 months for a case conference, or perhaps longer. It all depends on the volume of case conferences being scheduled.

Also, all cities operate a bit differently. For example, in Ottawa, for motions, you have to schedule a specific motion date with the counter staff. In Toronto, however, motions are heard two or three days per week, every week, so you may just pick a date and show up in court. Not to imply that you may just show up to court in Toronto for a case conference, I'm just saying that each city has their own scheduling system.

To get a better idea of what you may be looking at, I suggest calling your courthouse and finding out what the current waiting time is for scheduling a case conference.

Lindsay

Comment

I found too that it also depended largely on the lawyers schedules. I found in my own case if the law firm I was using sent a Sr Lawyer it was at least a three month wait. If a Jr could handle it was less than a month. Then too it depended on the ex's lawyers schedule.

Good Luck

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X