This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma is a bitch

For all of you out there who despair in karma.

One day I found my ex sending topless photos of herself to her cousin overseas, she was doing this from our daughter's bed. Our daughter sleeping just beside her. Needless to say this was the critical point in our marriage that led to our divorce. She told me this cousin of hers was her soulmate blah blah....

After I tried to settle the divorce nicely she got me thrown out of the house (its easy in quebec) and separated me from my children for more than year (only seeing them a few hours a week).

Within 3 months of that her soulmate was murdered and thrown under a bridge (he didn't live in a safe place). He left behind 3 kids and a wife - who I hope/think are benefiting from a generous pension. I couldn't believe the slap in the face she must have gotten from that incident, I'm still in shock from it.

Now I got the house back, my kids in something better than shared custody and a pretty tight spousal support agreement.... I am looking forward to more karma slapping my ex - and yes I am enjoying it.

I think that's a "happily ever after" story. I'm so envious that it almost brings tears to my eyes!

Like that expression "karma slapping."

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post

One day I found my ex sending topless photos of herself to her cousin overseas, she was doing this from our daughter's bed. Our daughter sleeping just beside her. Needless to say this was the critical point in our marriage that led to our divorce. She told me this cousin of hers was her soulmate blah blah....

After I tried to settle the divorce nicely she got me thrown out of the house (its easy in quebec) and separated me from my children for more than year (only seeing them a few hours a week).

Within 3 months of that her soulmate was murdered and thrown under a bridge (he didn't live in a safe place). He left behind 3 kids and a wife - who I hope/think are benefiting from a generous pension. I couldn't believe the slap in the face she must have gotten from that incident, I'm still in shock from it.

Now I got the house back, my kids in something better than shared custody and a pretty tight spousal support agreement.... I am looking forward to more karma slapping my ex - and yes I am enjoying it.
      Ouch.

Not sure what to say about that. Murder? Not really cool, all things considered.

I was going to say I don't think karma is a bitch at all. Rather that she's a wonderful companion.

But, maybe she is a bitch if there is murder involved.

Comment

I can't think of a scenario where I would relate all this together into a story about how I'm enjoying my kids and custody?

Comment

I caught my wife send nude photos of herself to a guy she met on a sex site, this was also the beginning of the end. But in your case, her cousin ??!? ewwwwh..... sorry about what happen to the guy, but, her cousin ?

Anyway, yes, I love lady karma of late too.

I beat my wife's lawyer at my last motion without representation so I equaled out access. Her lawyer then fired her ("quit on her"). Children's Aid is also beginning to now ignore her.

Also I have met a women who is beautiful, intelligent and treats me like a king.

Enjoy !! Stay strong and fight on.

Comment

I don't know what to say to this, except maybe that it's only funny in the movies, not in real life.

You consider it good karma that someone on the periphery of your marriage breakdown was murdered? Kind of makes me fear for what you are looking forward to seeing happen to your ex.

Comment

You consider it good karma that someone on the periphery of your marriage breakdown was murdered? Kind of makes me fear for what you are looking forward to seeing happen to your ex.
              Context:
              -The guy was taking advantage of his younger cousin while they both had kids and and was encouraging her to send exploitative images of herself. My ex is a needy, vulnerable type and while I can "understand" a random guy coming around and taking advantage the fact that it was her mother's brother's son and he was like 10-15yrs her senior makes me think he is disgusting individual and he had known her when she was a child.

-Then my ex said "Oh my, he is my soulmate" which I think is completely ridiculous and shows what my ex's expectations were in marriage but at the same time soul mate implies some sort of "we're meant to be together in the divine order of things" (Little did she know). I felt like my ex was completely delusional at that point.

-Finally, when I outed them - instead of admitting it they tried to frame me for making up the photo (I had the photos and tonnes of love emalis). I wasn't happy.

-After that, my ex begged me to stay and I accepted only to find out she was still in contact with the cousin.

-Even then, I wanted to go to mediation to resolve it my ex used the court system to get the benefit of me to the tune of separating my from my kids and extracting 90% of my income for a year while sitting at home and chatting with her soul mate.

The murder of the guy was very strange and I wouldn't be happy over the death of somebody. He was the father to 3 children himself but the reality is that his and my ex's wife acts broke 2 homes and damaged the lives of 5 children they conspired to slander me and did other things.... Its also sort of crazy because I'm sure my ex really believed they were soulmates and she basically got a response to her belief.

I didn't kill him: destiny, god or karma killed him (believe what you will).

I shared this story because a lot of people feel down in the dumps and wonder if their cheating spouse will ever "pay" for their indiscretions and as you can see from this story and a few others, sometimes it happens - you don't need to do anything let karma,god, destiny take care of them

As for my ex, she is her own worst enemy, I'm just waiting for reality to hit her like a freight train when she realizes not only is the grass not greener on the other side but she left the comfort of the oasis for mirage of the desert. If it does or doesn't happen, I could careless - I'm going places, I've got my kids after clear up some of these financial matters its all uphill from here.

Comment

I don't know. I like Karma but I don't consider a murder to be Karma.

Her getting with him and him pulling the same stunt on her that he did to his wife, now that is Karma to me.

Comment

I don't believe Links17 was condoning murder at all and to allude to that is ridiculous.

His then-wife created a shit storm and destroyed their marriage. He is simply expressing his satisfaction that his ex has finally suffered SOME consequence for her actions.

Hooray for ricochet of karma!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                    I don't believe Links17 was condoning murder at all and to allude to that is ridiculous.

His then-wife created a shit storm and destroyed their marriage. He is simply expressing his satisfaction that his ex has finally suffered SOME consequence for her actions.

here! here!

Comment

He was the father to 3 children himself but the reality is that his and my ex's wife acts broke 2 homes and damaged the lives of 5 children they conspired to slander me and did other things....

That is the point here, so many lives have been upturned because of this ********'s selfish gratification.

I didn't kill him: destiny, god or karma killed him (believe what you will)
                      I'm pleased not by his death, but knowing that his ex and children are probably better off today. Greater powers at work here, for sure.

I shared this story because a lot of people feel down in the dumps and wonder if their cheating spouse will ever "pay" for their indiscretions and as you can see from this story and a few others, sometimes it happens - you don't need to do anything let karma,god, destiny take care of them.

Very good point - wishing harm on others usually backfires on us regardless of how much it is deserved. At times I do feel down in the dumps as my Ex behaved very unfairly towards me - and still does. I'm not happy when things go bad for him, though to be honest it's damm satisfying when they do .... it validates all the **** we go through because of them!

the grass not greener on the other side but she left the comfort of the oasis for mirage of the desert.
                      As many do and learn to regret with time ....

Comment

The "consequences" the sleazy cousin suffered are nothing compared to what his wife and kids (innocent bystanders) will be enduring for the rest of their lives. He's dead and gone; they're going to be living with the aftereffects of his violent death forever. No insurance payout can undo that trauma.

To me, karma or cosmic justice or whatever you want to call it is when we reap the consequences of our own actions - positive or negative. Not when other innocents are forced to suffer for reasons beyond their control. I don't see anything good about a murder that left three kids fatherless, no matter how much of a jerk that father was.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                          The "consequences" the sleazy cousin suffered are nothing compared to what his wife and kids (innocent bystanders) will be enduring for the rest of their lives. He's dead and gone; they're going to be living with the aftereffects of his violent death forever. No insurance payout can undo that trauma.

To me, karma or cosmic justice or whatever you want to call it is when we reap the consequences of our own actions - positive or negative. Not when other innocents are forced to suffer for reasons beyond their control. I don't see anything good about a murder that left three kids fatherless, no matter how much of a jerk that father was.
                          that was the point I was trying to make, if he would have done the same to Ex is this sad tale then that would have been Karma. For him to be murdered isn't Karma at all. The ex really never reaped any consequences, she will mourn then move on to the next guy.

Would it have been Karma for the innocent wife and kids of the murdered guy it the ex would have been murdered? Just putting that out there.

Comment

Perhaps the use of the word "Karma" was inaccurate then.

With that said and keeping the "K" word out of things, I can understand the OP being somewhat satisfied that things in life were not so rosy for the person who had initiated his divorce making his life miserable.

If someone punches you in the face, then falls and skins their knees, it is a normal human reaction (in my opinion) to be somewhat pleased that the offender suffered the skinned knees.

Another example would be when my ex finally gets nailed by MEP and, in the process it is brought to light that he hid money not just from me but from current partner, now that would be SWEETNESS defined. Yes I would indeed be extremely pleased.

I think this is basically all the OP was trying to express.

Comment

Perhaps the use of the word "Karma" was inaccurate then.

With that said and keeping the "K" word out of things, I can understand the OP being somewhat satisfied that things in life were not so rosy for the person who had initiated his divorce making his life miserable.

If someone punches you in the face, then falls and skins their knees, it is a normal human reaction (in my opinion) to be somewhat pleased that the offender suffered the skinned knees.

Another example would be when my ex finally gets nailed by MEP and, in the process it is brought to light that he hid money not just from me but from current partner, now that would be SWEETNESS defined. Yes I would indeed be extremely pleased.

I think this is basically all the OP was trying to express.
                              I get it. I'm not trying to paint him as an a$$hole or anything.
                              I totally understand the glee that may be boiling under the surface.
                              We are all emotional creatures, after all.

It's just kind of harsh, and I hope the OP has some self-reproach for feeling that way. In fact he indicates he does.

I'm no better, and would likely be feeling some of the same things.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X