Aspire App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire App

For anyone going through a DV situation or a difficult in-home separation...this was on Dr. Phil last night and may be very helpful to you.

Its an app called Aspire...from their website:

“ASPIRE News is a free application which contains summaries of top stories in world, sports, and entertainment news

The Aspire App is designed to look like any other app in order to avoid any suspicion, and has a “Go” option, which will turn on location services, and record inconspicuously in case of a potentially dangerous situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooHj4QLh3s

In the case of a conflict, you hit a button and the app basically sends a message to people you designate on your contact list...then starts recording.

Great post, was just looking at this yesterday and was trying to find a link to The Abuser's Playbook to post!

Comment

I'm actually waffling back and forth about loading this on my D's tablet. I really don't want to invade my ex's privacy and he has the right to discipline our kid but I'm concerned about the level its gotten to.

He had a pretty verbally abusive history in the past with the oldest and the divorce seems to have made him worse. I'm really struggling with how to handle the situation but I definitely want to make sure that if there's verbal abuse going on that I give her tools which will help identify and deal with it.

Comment

Make it available to her, show her how to use it, and let her decide if she want to use it maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          He had a pretty verbally abusive history in the past with the oldest and the divorce seems to have made him worse. I'm really struggling with how to handle the situation but I definitely want to make sure that if there's verbal abuse going on that I give her tools which will help identify and deal with it.
          Based on the history, PH, I'd be tempted to download it for her as well, and simply explain it is there for her as a safety tool (I don't even think you need to go into using it at dad house, just go with her general safety, bullying at school, etc.).
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

This app sound very interesting. I'm downloading it now.

Comment

Good suggestions...thank you.

She's mature enough to understand its simply a precaution or safety measure and it will probably give her a measure of control or empowerment in the situation.

In truth, things have quietened down in the last month or so and seem to be a better for her. My ex has been dropping a lot of his visitation days and seems to be distracted elsewhere. My hope would be that it will stay this way and she will never have to resort to using the app. Unfortunately, my ex has always exhibited this type of up and down behavior so its unlikely.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X