This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAAAAAAggggh!!!

I have never put anything on the web before. Today I am here because I am trying to explore new ways to recreate myself in a positive way. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 4 years ago. I can barely regognize myself today.Appearantly neither can my wife. In addition I am a recovering substance abuser. I am a very proud dad of 3 wonderful boys. My dual diagnosed ilness has been too hard for my wife to live with. Admittedly I have been very high maintaince in all respects the last few years.

Hi bipolarman,

Welcome, and congrats on your first step towards your self-improvement! I think you'll get all the support you need from our members. Please take a look through our Divorce Support and General Chat sections.. we have quite a few light, funny and uplifting threads going.

Lindsay

Comment

Bipolarman,

After having read your post ... this message immediately came to me to relay to you ... "All things are possible, throught Him."

Hubby

Comment

Take small steps--

Hey Bi-polar man... be gentle with yourself... you have got to be.. it is very hard but you need to start there... You can do it.. you really can,, you have choices and you can be there for your family.. take small steps.. this is a great place for support...

Comment

Yes, you've come to the right place, that is for sure.

Keep your chin up, and dont stray too far from here.

Comment

Hellllo Bipoloarman!

I really hope things will get better 4 you. The fact that you have admitted of having problems is such a huge step! Congrat. and just keep your faith!

Comment

Hi bipolarman,
              Being bipolar is not the end of the world. I have an older brother by 11 years who is bipolar.
              Surround yourself with supportive understanding people who have your best interest in heart. Monitor yourself and have a close relationship with your Doctors. Have people monitor you so if you seem a "little Off" have your blood work done on a regular basis and maintain a consistent drug treatment plan.
              It won't be easy but with help and honesty from both yourself and those close to you, you can be happy and move on with your life.

defeeted

Comment

Hope For Your Future

Bipolar Man,

Their is much hope ahead in your future. I was diagnosed Bipolar in 1997. After Physiotherapy and the right meds I feel 100% better. I currently see my Psychiatrist monthly for blood work etc.. I'm also the Treasurer of the weekly Bipolar Support Group I attend. So remember their are many who have been on the Bipolar road before us and are living good lives.

Take care,
                Tycooke.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X