This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAPs...Use them!!

Just a note for people...anyone who has an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) thru their work...USE IT!!!
    Divorce and separation are not easy and it is a strong person who admits that they need help...not a weak person!
    So many people are afraid to say they need help but these programs can be great for connecting you to the right places where you can see that you indeed have strength!

I agree!

I agree 100%. I found my therapist, lawyer and mediator through EAP. It's really helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Niki!
      Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I agree with Niki. Being in the Government Sector in the Upper Ottawa valley, nudge nudge...LOL...we have a fantastic EAP. I have used it and I will continue to use it until I have completely exhausted the resource...one other tip that I have are social workers. Yes, I know, not all social workers are the greatest, but I have been lucky enough to have one or two that really know their resources and can pull rabbits out of hats just to prove that they have hats.

Cheers,

Comment

It is a shame so many people don't even realize they have this option.

EAP can provide discounts for lawyers, lengthy counselling sessions, massages to help you relax, and financially counselling as well.

Comment

EAP all the way!

This is part of your employment benefits. Use it and it's free. These people are very professional. Never be afraid to ask for help!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X