X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for "second" families and child support reform

Hello,

Please go to this link if you want child support reform. The petition outlines many problems with the current CCSG's, and how they negatively affect 2nd families. However, anybody that is currently paying a punitively high amount of child support should also sign this petition, even if you don't have a "second" family.

If anybody is interested in obtaining a paper copy of this petition, contact me through my mail box on this site and I will email you a copy. All you have to do is get 25 signatures with postal codes, and your MP should "read" it in Parliament.

Thank You.

Canadian Child Support Guidelines are Unfair to "Second" Families Petition
    (copy and paste this link into your browser)

Those are some good points. Definitely hits home. Thank you for sharing. I have signed and included my own comment.

Comment

Excellent Points

Excellent points.........One more case, I suggest being added.

The case when the payor has been previuosly married and is already paying child support. When the Payor's secong marriage fails, he has to pay child support based on his full income not deducting the child support being paid to his children from his first marriage. It is very unfair not deducting these payments from income used for calculating child support and extraordinary expenses payments.

Comment

Good Point

I was under the impression that if the second marriage failed, the second children were entitled to the payors income minus the CS sent to the first kids.

I did not know they based second kids CS on gross income too...this must make it very difficult for the payor in these situations to meet even his most basic bills.

Every time I learn something new about the guidelines I am shocked at how grossly biased against payors they are. They are not based in reality, where people have limited resources on which to live, whether they are in an intact family or not!

Comment

WOW! Great job and a long time overdue. I work at TMMC and can probably get hundreds of signatures! How can I get on board?

Comment

Great!

I'll contact your on your personal address on this web-site!

Comment

When a woman gets with a man who has been married before and has children with her why should he not have to pay for his children? Also when you get with a man from a previous relationship with children you should be aware that his income is not just his. I feel men who marry and have children again should have to pay the full amount. Maybe then men will have to act responsible and will learn they have to be Men.

Comment

I fell that the the child support guidlines need to be changes all togethr, and be put an a case by case basis, just like social asistance, I know the government says there are not enough people employed, SO hire more workers, the province and country need more jobs.

Aman that is involved with his children takes them all the time and provides them with thier need and want, is paying the same as a man who has never had anything to do with the kid(s) It not fair

also The custodial parent get to right off Medical expences, day care, and sports credit, and use the children as a dependant, when all of the those cost are split between both paerents does not make sense

Comment

Originally posted by stepmom+mom View Post
                  I fell that the the child support guidlines need to be changes all togethr, and be put an a case by case basis, just like social asistance, I know the government says there are not enough people employed, SO hire more workers, the province and country need more jobs.

Aman that is involved with his children takes them all the time and provides them with thier need and want, is paying the same as a man who has never had anything to do with the kid(s) It not fair

also The custodial parent get to right off Medical expences, day care, and sports credit, and use the children as a dependant, when all of the those cost are split between both paerents does not make sense
                  This is why there are guidelines,Judges do not always use them it is just an example to people like us. A man who does not pay for his kids does not get the children when he wants. Where does this happen ?
                  The custodial parent gets to write off more expenses because there are more expenses. A single parent does not need a 2-4 bedroom house,that is another expense that a custodial parent has to have,also many other things. Time is another point,he or she can not just eat what they want or do what they want.Taking care of children is time consuming and expensive.

Comment

This is why it needs to be a case by case basis, I man that wants to provide his children with a "home" when the kids are with him, is better then a man that lets his kids sleep on the couch or a blow up matress. The children have their own bedrooms and cloths and toys, It is nessasary for the kids to feel like there fathers home is thei home as as well, so it is nessesary to have a two or three bedroom house.

I am not talking about the men that just dont care, but the men that are going above and beyond, by giving their children the things they need at both houses.

Also the other expenses that you are talking about are usually split between parents (daycare winter clothes, school supplies, )ect..

The guidlines work for one type of family, everyone situation is different

Comment

Originally posted by Shelda View Post
                      When a woman gets with a man who has been married before and has children with her why should he not have to pay for his children? Also when you get with a man from a previous relationship with children you should be aware that his income is not just his. I feel men who marry and have children again should have to pay the full amount. Maybe then men will have to act responsible and will learn they have to be Men.

Not that he should not pay for his children, but it needs to be re evaluated becuse if a "second family " is present in other words another child, that child will suffer becuase the Guidlines look at income and number of children, and in reality the number of children that the man is supporting is now bigger. they say the a % of your income is what is used in the guidline amounts well now the number of children being supported by that man has gone from 2 (first wife) the 3 (2nd wife)
                      the money needs to be adjusted

Comment

Not that he should not pay for his children, but it needs to be re evaluated becuse if a "second family " is present in other words another child, that child will suffer becuase the Guidlines look at income and number of children, and in reality the number of children that the man is supporting is now bigger. they say the a % of your income is what is used in the guidline amounts well now the number of children being supported by that man has gone from 2 (first wife) the 3 (2nd wife)
                        the money needs to be adjusted
                        I would never get with a man who has been married before and has children he can not afford to support. That should be an indication of things that will happen to me if I ever had children with him.
                        He should think about this before he has more children...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelda View Post
                          I would never get with a man who has been married before and has children he can not afford to support. That should be an indication of things that will happen to me if I ever had children with him.
                          He should think about this before he has more children...
                          That is your choice not to be involved with a man with children, but I have and my husband goes above and beyond, his children have there own bedrooms here filled with everything they will ever need or want, he also sees his children 3 or 4 times a week, is more involved with the extra curricular activities then their mother, and pays his child support+ med expenses, and child care, anything those kids need they will get from us.
                          So to say that a man should not have children after a seperation is ludicrus and makes no sense,

My husband does take care of those other two children and our child but the Guidline amount need to reflect this( because He spends more on his child then the mother)
                          And its not about the money all the time!!!

Comment

That is your choice not to be involved with a man with children, but I have and my husband goes above and beyond, his children have there own bedrooms here filled with everything they will ever need or want, he also sees his children 3 or 4 times a week, is more involved with the extra curricular activities then their mother, and pays his child support+ med expenses, and child care, anything those kids need they will get from us.
                            So to say that a man should not have children after a seperation is ludicrus and makes no sense,

My husband does take care of those other two children and our child but the Guidline amount need to reflect this( because He spends more on his child then the mother)
                            And its not about the money all the time!!!
                            Money is important you can not live without it. If your husband is with you still why are you so upset then? He is providing for you and your child is he? Or is it because you want more money left in your bank account?And have issue's with the first wife?

Comment

Shelda, you are not helping.

*sigh*

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X