Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equal Shared Parenting Bill C560 Getting a Second Reading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equal Shared Parenting Bill C560 Getting a Second Reading.

Coverage of Bill C-560
    ———————————————
    Bill favoring ‘equal time’ for parents in divorce deserves support | Toronto Star

Barbara Kay: After a divorce, equal parenting rights should be the norm

Bill C-560 is a step in the right direction for reform whereby the child/children of a union will have a fair chance at keeping both of their parents equally involved in his or her lives upon, the dissolution of the union.

Unfortunately, statics overwhelmingly demonstrate that the Family System is biased and as result thousands of children are robbed of their Fathers. Bill C-560 puts forth an amendment to the Divorce Act to create a "rebuttable presumption of equal shared parenting" when couples divorce as being in "Best Interest of The Child".

This could affect you, your kids (sons and daughter's) your friend, uncle, nieces and nephews and anyone you know.

How you can you help? Contact your MP, offer your support and ask them to support Conservative MP Maurice Vellacott's Private member's bill C-560.

Here is how:

1. vhttp://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

2. Put in your Postal Code

3. Send you MP and email, a fax or pick up the phone call to show your support.

Do something worthwhile with your social media, i dare you!!!

Excellent, I support this 200%!

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

Great post and article by the Star, but if you click on the link in the article to a previous writing, the Start author states that Australia has this type of shared custody approach in family law but was abandoned because it created more conflict. Interested if this statement was true or now.

‘Equal time’ for custody of children is a simplistic solution | Toronto Star

Comment

Originally posted by Canadaguy View Post
        the Start author states that Australia has this type of shared custody approach in family law but was abandoned because it created more conflict. Interested if this statement was true or now.
        If solving custody issues outside of court is indicative of less conflict, this statement is definitely incorrect. According to the author of The Equal Parent Presumption, Edward Kruk, referenced in the first Star article above, "a marked reduction in child custody litigation has also been noted since the new legislation (2006) with applications to court over child custody falling by a staggering 72%........most Australian parents (72%) now resolve parenting arrangements without the use of any legal services" Additionally, "court determined parenting arrangements fell from 7.8% to 2.8% of cases, and lawyer negotiation fell from 10.6% to 5.8% of cases."
        Fairly strong numbers. No wonder the Canadian, (and Australian) legal community resists this kind of change when it threatens their livelihood.

Comment

Right, money talks in their "best" interest and not for children's best interest. At the end of the day court house it's just pure business where lawyers are all traders.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X