X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce makes me sick!

8 Surprising Ways Divorce Affects Your Health|Shape Magazine

Just a little reminder that we should all take better care of ourselves. The divorce process really takes a toll on our health - according to this little article, there are several 'symptoms' associated with the stress of breaking-up.

Personally, my appetite has all but vanished, and since the separation I get by on 3-5 hours of sleep per day ....

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
    8 Surprising Ways Divorce Affects Your Health|Shape Magazine

Just a little reminder that we should all take better care of ourselves. The divorce process really takes a toll on our health - according to this little article, there are several 'symptoms' associated with the stress of breaking-up.

Personally, my appetite has all but vanished, and since the separation I get by on 3-5 hours of sleep per day ....
    My divorce was in the mid 80s, I lost 30 lbs in 2 months I believe.

My wife left me for my neighbour, called the cops on me because I wouldn't leave the home, I was put in jail pending bail because my wife claimed I threw a saucer at her (which I did only after she ruined my stamp collection). I ended up in jail for a month, she moved in with the guy, I couldn't see my kids because of court orders and other matters, lost my job, it was a mess!

In the end I realized that my ex used the criminal justice system against me simply to justify her cheating, get me out of the home and make the family proceedings easier on her than me. Thing is, it didn't really. I did pretty well in the end.

I was miserable for a long time, my kids thank God came to realize as they got older what really happened as they went through their own difficulties in relationships.

Today my wife and the guy are no longer together, in fact she is miserable and i couldn't care less. I am happily remarried, healthy with great grandkids! So things do get better. Remember the cliche, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"...it's absolutely true.

Comment

wouldn't it be nice to walk into a court room knowing your going to see you kids 50% of the time

AND

kids will love it - its in "their best interest"

win win

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy View Post

Today my wife and the guy are no longer together, in fact she is miserable and i couldn't care less. I am happily remarried, healthy with great grandkids! So things do get better. Remember the cliche, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"...it's absolutely true.
        Good for you! I don't know about the cliche, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" I'll let you know once all this is over ...

Comment

Originally posted by pokeman View Post
          wouldn't it be nice to walk into a court room knowing your going to see you kids 50% of the time

AND

kids will love it - its in "their best interest"

win win
          At this point in time, I would be happy just to be able to walk into a court room, it's been 18 months and I'm still waiting ... best interest? the legal system is an industry and the interest's are for those who work there - not us, not our children - yes I'm jaded.

Comment

I really was not feeling very well during my long in-home separation. No sleep, major appetite issues and nausea..I was paranoid and worried unnecessarily about my children, and my vitamin deficiencies were out of control. Mostly because I was literally scared being in the house with my ex and he was following me when I left. Sleeping was tough. And he started trashing the house to stall the sale and make me stay there longer.. Most times, I'd just leave his crap but because we were trying to sell, it made my daily life pretty rough. Everytime we had someone coming to look at the house, I had to spend a day or two getting it ready. I was very lucky that the house sold quickly.

My bf ended up insisting on renting an apartment nearby for me to use anytime I didn't have the kids and could get away and that helped some.

But once I finally was able to sell the house and moved into my own place, it was amazing how quickly things changed. Just to sleep a whole night was wonderful. Juicing, weight training (kettlebells ftw!) and meditation help a lot too.

I really think the laws need to change to allow people to move out of their marital homes during the separation process...particularly since it can take ages just to get to the CC stage in family court. I think the current system creates unnecessary potential drama...ie fake and real DV issues, etc.

I ended up in jail for a month, she moved in with the guy, I couldn't see my kids because of court orders and other matters, lost my job, it was a mess!
            Horrible, I can't even imagine being in jail for a month and I can't imagine not seeing my kids for a month.

Very, very true. My ex's quality of life is his own problem but if a having a better life would make him less angry and therefore a better parent, I hope that's what he finds. Personally, divorce was the best decision I ever made. I probably should have done it a lot sooner than I did but its all worked out wonderfully so I'm thankful.

Comment

I really think the laws need to change to allow people to move out of their marital homes during the separation process...particularly since it can take ages just to get to the CC stage in family court. I think the current system creates unnecessary potential drama...ie fake and real DV issues, etc.
              This is what it is like in Quebec unfortunately the costs are exponential but I do think it is for the better.

Comment

best interest? the legal system is an industry and the interest's are for those who work there - not us, not our children - yes I'm jaded.
                NO... you are not jaded.

I've said in other posts that "in the best interests of the children" is the most hollow mantra in the family law system.

What the 3 years of acrimony did to my kids is inexcusable.... all the lawyers did was drag it out and extract money.

Comment

Never thought I'd say it, but - you're right, Oink. From the description here, this guy's ex didn't "use the criminal justice system against him", he used it against himself by assaulting her. No matter what the provocation, once you cross the line into physical violence, whatever consequences you may suffer you've brought on yourself. And because of a *stamp collection*???

Originally posted by oink View Post
                  Am suprised it was only a month. I don't know you, I wasn't there, but based on your story and version of events.....YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT A HARSHER PUNISHMENT!

Nobody condones hitting anyone, let alone a woman, and to throw a saucer at her? You think some of us guys on here haven't had worse said or done to us?

She baited you big time, and you fell for it...shame it impacted your kids too. Oh, and your neighbour got to BANG your wife (ex), and probably did it in your bed and in your house that you paid for/were paying for...salt to injury

NOTE: contrary to what some namby-pamby oik on here might think, I love women (I have 2 sister after all), and condone any violence towards them or anyone

Comment

Agreed.

On the day of my separation, my ex wouldn't let me leave until she had finished screaming. She dug her nails into my forearms hard enough to make me bleed. When I struggled free she did a classic soccer dive and fell to the floor. My kids only saw her fall, my son did see the blood. I think she was baiting me into more violence so she could get exclusive posession.

But I was always the calm placid one, and she was the hot tempered one, so even under pain, I didn't strike back.

Comment

Do you mind saying that out loud....one more time please?

I'll hate to think what this geezer would have done, had it been his hockey card collection, or a scratch on his F-150 /250/doge ram truck (if he drove one)

My EX shoved me against the wall for not wanting to stand there and engaged her, she also threw things at me a couple of times

I am not the swearing, naming calling or arguing with a spouse type...NEVER believe it or not. I grew up watching my dad bite his tongue at my mom (they are still married 50+ yrs later)
                      Wow sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                        Agreed.

On the day of my separation, my ex wouldn't let me leave until she had finished screaming. She dug her nails into my forearms hard enough to make me bleed. When I struggled free she did a classic soccer dive and fell to the floor. My kids only saw her fall, my son did see the blood. I think she was baiting me into more violence so she could get exclusive posession.

But I was always the calm placid one, and she was the hot tempered one, so even under pain, I didn't strike back.
                        That really makes them mad doesn't it.

Comment

NOTE: contrary to what some namby-pamby oik on here might think, I love women (I have 2 sister after all), and condone any violence towards them or anyone
                          Agreed, in fact nobody should be harming anyone, male or female - zero tolerance! If a person drives you so hoppin' mad that you need to lash out, go take a walk, cold shower, call a friend or better yet just leave the property and come back later.

Comment

Agreed, in fact nobody should be harming anyone, male or female - zero tolerance! If a person drives you so hoppin' mad that you need to lash out, go take a walk, cold shower, call a friend or better yet just leave the property and come back later.
                            That behaviour drove my ex crazy, I would leave if I couldn't take it and she wasn't done venting her anger.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                              . My ex's quality of life is his own problem but if a having a better life would make him less angry and therefore a better parent, I hope that's what he finds. Personally, divorce was the best decision I ever made. I probably should have done it a lot sooner than I did but its all worked out wonderfully so I'm thankful.
                              Very wise of you to think that way - especially when children are involved. A peaceful, happy parent is all that kids want and need, not money, toys, activities etc.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X