This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining Potential Income Websites

Do any of you know of any websites that can be used to determine potential income? Perhaps a listing of the average salary for specific jobs? In Ontario preferrably?

My fiance and I went to a family court legal aid clinic today to find out the greatest possible senario for how a judge would calculate his child support payments. The duty council said that they would most likely base the payments on the average income for the specific job.

Any ideas where we could find such information?

When I was preparing to request an income imputed on my ex in court as he had not filed financial disclosure at that point, I used StatsCan (Statistics Canada) to get average wages across different job sectors.

Comment

Thank you Kimberly. Could you please let me know where exactly you found this information? I've been navigating around the StatsCan site for 20 minutes and have gotten nowhere! It's a maze!

Comment

I remember there being a website where you could look up average salaries for various jobs. It was linked from a job search engine, I think. I just can't find it now. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Comment

Here is a link: Tables by subject: Wages, salaries and other earnings And this has the PDF document that I was prepared to use in court: Perspectives on Labour and Income

Comment

I searched mine once at monster.ca

It said I should make $4,800 a year more than I do.

Monster.ca - Salary Centre

Comment

Thank you for the help. I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Here's another link (to the Service Canada website): Wages & Salaries from the Labour Market Information (LMI)

Hope it helps!

Comment

What an easy to use site. Thank you Fair4All.

I think I'm going to print off the information from a few of these sites, and sit down with my fiance to type up some kind of "proposal" based on the wages (lower-end, as this is a new job, and his first year in it).

Thank you again.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X