• Show
Clear All

• Hello - My Intro

Hi,
    First time poster. Here's my story.

Married 2004
    First Daughter 2005
    Second Daughter 2007
    Seperated Jan 2013 (after a long battle)

Seperation was my idea, and wanted it for several years, just took a few years to go through marriage councilling. Ex husband started dating someone else before we signed the papers. Sold our home in April, and now I live on my own with my two daughters. I have the girls full time, except every second weekend and for a few hours one night a week.

Ex and I get along fairly well, until recently. He isn't paying 1/4 of what he should be in CS and he is fighting paying. Wants to try a mediator.

The battle is "Interesting"

Hi daisykay, I'm new as well, just wanted to give you a welcome

Comment

Originally posted by daisykay View Post
      Hi,
      First time poster. Here's my story.

Married 2004
      First Daughter 2005
      Second Daughter 2007
      Seperated Jan 2013 (after a long battle)

Seperation was my idea, and wanted it for several years, just took a few years to go through marriage councilling. Ex husband started dating someone else before we signed the papers. Sold our home in April, and now I live on my own with my two daughters. I have the girls full time, except every second weekend and for a few hours one night a week.

Ex and I get along fairly well, until recently. He isn't paying 1/4 of what he should be in CS and he is fighting paying. Wants to try a mediator.

The battle is "Interesting"
      Welcome to the board.

Why are the children not shared equally?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the Welcomes. The children are not shared equally becuase of his schedule for work. He is unable to ever pick them up for bring them to daycare. He typically works 6:00am to 6:00 pm. He works weekends as well. So, it is almost all on me.

Comment

Originally posted by daisykay View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for the Welcomes. The children are not shared equally becuase of his schedule for work. He is unable to ever pick them up for bring them to daycare. He typically works 6:00am to 6:00 pm. He works weekends as well. So, it is almost all on me.
          That's too bad.

You can certainly try mediation, but child support is pretty set in stone and he will lose.

Do you have an existing court order or agreement?

If so you can file it with FRO (Family Responsibility Office) or other similar office if you are not in Ontario and they will collect the money.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X