Child support and daycare expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support and daycare expenses

I pay 50% of daycare expenses for my kids according to our order. But, last year my son was in before and after care only and my daughter was in full time daycare. This summer July and August the kids are not in daycare and in the fall in Sept my daughter will be in full time jk so both will only be in before and after school care. My ex told me I have to pay the same as I paid last year because it will be based on 2015s expenses. It seems wrong I should have to pay For a full time daycare expense when she is moving to a new center and will only be in the before and after school program in the new center. The difference is a few hundred dollars a month and I don't see how that would be fair to have to pay for ft when she isn't going ft. Any wisdom you can share would sure help.

Originally posted by Howler5290 View Post
    I pay 50% of daycare expenses for my kids according to our order. But, last year my son was in before and after care only and my daughter was in full time daycare. This summer July and August the kids are not in daycare and in the fall in Sept my daughter will be in full time jk so both will only be in before and after school care. My ex told me I have to pay the same as I paid last year because it will be based on 2015s expenses. It seems wrong I should have to pay For a full time daycare expense when she is moving to a new center and will only be in the before and after school program in the new center. The difference is a few hundred dollars a month and I don't see how that would be fair to have to pay for ft when she isn't going ft. Any wisdom you can share would sure help.
    Your ex is dreaming, thinks you're a total idiot who would do whatever she says, or is confusing s7 expenses with CS.

You pay your proportional share of the ACTUAL s7 expense incurred. Your proportion does lag a year behind your income, if you adjust annually though.

Comment

You tell her you now want a receipt for the expenses showing what was actually paid OR the ability to speak directly with the service provider for the proof of expense. If she doesnt agree you tell her youre not paying until you see it. If she threatens court you tell her you are well within your rights to ask for proof of the expense as she would have to provide it to the court for reimbursement. Then you set her on ignore until she complies. Shes probably been fleecing you for more than what shes paying.

Comment

The amount that you pay is based on actual costs going forward. The proportion of the costs that you pay comes from your most recent tax return, which reports your income from last year. So you pay for this year's child care using last year's income ratio, if that makes sense.

Your ex needs to send you monthly receipts showing how much she actually paid the child care provider for this year - not last year. You will reimburse her for your share of the amount on the receipt.

Comment

Does anyone know where it says this I can show her to prove it? Trying to not use lawyers now but I'm not willing to pay. The pt time spots are about $3000 for the year as opposed to 9500 for ft. That's why I thought it was wrong from the start and she is trying to fleece me.

Comment

Look up Section 7 of the federal child support guidelines. It's pretty clear there that you pay for child care that is actually being used, not last year's child care.

Comment

You dont need anything to show her. You tell her you want proof of the expense or the ability to seek it from the daycare provider. If she wants to hire a lawyer to tell her she needs to provide a receipt let her. Any court filings will require the receipt or even a statement from the daycare on the cost.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X