This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Moving costs section 7?

My Ex is moving homes. She has asked me to cover my proportionate 82% to her 18% share of the moving expenses after her living there for 4 years. She is proposing that we take the moving costs and devide by 3. Then take 2/3's and I pay 82% of that.

We when first seperated and we moved out of the family home, I covered thier cost of the move to their new home and nobody covered anything for my move. I dont feel that I should be stripped of another $900+ again.

Originally posted by cashcow4ex View Post
    My Ex is moving homes. She has asked me to cover my proportionate 82% to her 18% share of the moving expenses after her living there for 4 years. She is proposing that we take the moving costs and devide by 3. Then take 2/3's and I pay 82% of that.

We when first seperated and we moved out of the family home, I covered thier cost of the move to their new home and nobody covered anything for my move. I dont feel that I should be stripped of another $900+ again.
    Cashcow4ex: You should win an award for the stuff you deal with.

I highly doubt that "moving" is an "extraordinary" expense. Unless your ex won some court order to move and is moving out of the jurisdiction for medical reasons for your children's sake moving... is something families do and isn't "extraordinary".

This is the first time I have ever heard of moving being an extraordinary expense. Even in the landmark case of mobility the other parent didn't have to pay for the moving parent and they left the country.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
      Cashcow4ex: You should win an award for the stuff you deal with.

I highly doubt that "moving" is an "extraordinary" expense. Unless your ex won some court order to move and is moving out of the jurisdiction for medical reasons for your children's sake moving... is something families do and isn't "extraordinary".

This is the first time I have ever heard of moving being an extraordinary expense. Even in the landmark case of mobility the other parent didn't have to pay for the moving parent and they left the country.

Good Luck!
      Tayken
      Thanks Tayken,

Nope she is moving because she wants a bigger home. She is staying in the same area. She feels that because a lot of the items being moved are the kids stuff, that I should cover my proportionate share.

Comment

I think that's one for the books - anyone starting a thread on ex's crazy claims?? ;p

Comment

No, her choice to move in no way constitutes a s7 expense:

In an order for the support of a child, the court may, on the request of either parent or spouse or of an applicant under section 33 of the Act, provide for an amount to cover all or any portion of the following expenses, which expenses may be estimated, taking into account the necessity of the expense in relation to the child’s best interests and the reasonableness of the expense in relation to the means of the parents or spouses and those of the child and to the spending pattern of the parents or spouses in respect of the child during cohabitation:
          (a) child care expenses incurred as a result of the custodial parent’s employment, illness, disability or education or training for employment;
          (b) that portion of the medical and dental insurance premiums attributable to the child;
          (c) health-related expenses that exceed insurance reimbursement by at least $100 annually, including orthodontic treatment, professional counselling provided by a psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist or any other person, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, prescription drugs, hearing aids, glasses and contact lenses;
          (d) extraordinary expenses for primary or secondary school education or for any other educational programs that meet the child’s particular needs;
          (e) expenses for post-secondary education; and
          (f) extraordinary expenses for extracurricular activities. O. Reg. 391/97, s. 7 (1); O. Reg. 446/01, s. 2.
          The costs of the move aren't any of the above. She actually has a fair amount of gall to even ask for you to cover her moving expenses.

Tell her no, you don't believe her choice to move AND PAY MOVERS (she could rent a uhaul, or borrow a friends truck) constitutes a s7 expense and as such, will not be contributing to same.

Comment

Originally posted by torontonian View Post
            I think that's one for the books - anyone starting a thread on ex's crazy claims?? ;p
            None needed. Every month or two unfortunately cashcow4ex has to deal with something like this.

This is the first time I have ever heard of moving expenses for S.7. Hats off to cashcow4ex. I can't imagine with what dealing with the other parent must be like in your situation.

Good Luck!
            Tayken

Comment

Hey your talking about the women that asked our mediator if she was eligible for support for the dogs in the amount of $150.00 a month on top of her spousal support and child support.

Got to love it.

Comment

Hey your talking about the women that asked our mediator if she was eligible for support for the dogs in the amount of $150.00 a month on top of her spousal support and child support.

Got to love it.
                You poor thing! I could not imagine having to put up with someone like that!

Although, my bf's ex told him that he had to pay half to get the dog neutered, that he bought, but became a family dog he left for the children... there are all types out there and I feel for the people that have to deal with them!

Comment

Got to love it.

Dude, you have to keep all these gems somewhere and write a book some day

Look on the bright side: You obviously divested yourself of a nutbar - and the after-pain doesn't last forever.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

and hopefully the children will eventually learn that Mommy's crazy and will want to come live with poor suffering dear old Dad when they hit 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                      You poor thing! I could not imagine having to put up with someone like that!

Although, my bf's ex told him that he had to pay half to get the dog neutered, that he bought, but became a family dog he left for the children... there are all types out there and I feel for the people that have to deal with them!

I still got you beat. I left the matrimonial home in December of 2008. She had the gull to call me in April of 2009 asking me if on the next Wednesday I come by for my weekday visitation if I could come early because her back yard had a winter season's back log of the familiy dogs shit that needed to be picked up. She said that if I didnt do it she would hire someone and send the bill to me for my 82% proportional share.

Or how about this one:

She also asked the mediator if I was proportionally responsible to pay 82% of the yearly trips she takes with the kids to go visit her family in France.

Or...

She asked me to pay my propotional share for winter tires on her brand new vehicle claiming that it fell under S7.

Or, and wait for it...

She asked me if I would be willing to co-sign a car loan for her boyfriend of 3 months stating that it would benefit the kids as she wouldn't be spending so much on gas driving the 60 kilometers to go see him all the time.

Finally

When I moved out I went and lived in our camper trailer (26') that was at a trailer park all year long. She had the home, all its contents, and the car (I bought a 19 year old Tercel, and took my cloths, and coffee maker). She asked me what my plan was as to where I was going to stay as she planned on using the trailers on the weekends so she could be with her friends. She suggested I could park my car in the vistor lot of the park and sleep in it stating that it was only from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. (nothing like letting you kids see their father sleeping in a 19 year old car) I told her that if I saw her at the park I was going to burn the trailer to the ground.
                      Last edited by cashcow4ex; 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

And I thought we had it bad!!!

GOD BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU STRENGTH!!!!

Comment

I just want to hug you!

Comment

Dude I have tears in my eyes because I'm laughing so hard. I KNOW it's not funny...but God Damn...REALLY?

You need to save these and write a book. Hell, send me this stuff. I'll write a book some day and include it for you.

Just Wow....I mean, MY ex has the whole golden uterus syndrome too...but YOURS takes the cake, the table the cake is one, AND all the utensils. (and then bills you 82% for them by the look of it)

Only advice:

/reply:

Dear Ex,

Pound Sand, if you feel this way, PLEASE take me to court and explain to a judge why this is a section 7.

Then come post your court date so we can all attend. I'd KILL to be a fly on that wall.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
                              Just Wow....I mean, MY ex has the whole golden uterus syndrome too...but YOURS takes the cake, the table the cake is one, AND all the utensils. (and then bills you 82% for them by the look of it)
                              ...but YOURS takes the cake, the table the cake is on, all the utensils, then feeds the cake to the dog, has the dog poop in the yard and then asks you to clean it up or pay for it.

For some reason I hear a Lion King song playing in my head right now.

Good Luck!
                              Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X