No announcement yet.

my kid is refuses to see me what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She moved during the summer months so they wouldn’t miss school my lawyer said the next court date was in September and she had already established them there we were separated 6 months at that point
    I pay support and if she drives to bring them to me she gets 150 for travel if I got there I get 150 from her but with me staying in a motel a visit is almost 400 dollars for 3 day weekend I can’t afford that plus support and my own living expenses so it’s a no win situation

Comment

So is your ex (child's mother) native? Both children (including an autistic son) live with her on reserve?

Comment

Sometimes we have to do things that we don't like to do..... get a second part-time job? I read some of your previous posts and your ex has had custody for 6 years? You had an adult adopted daughter that you were paying support for so presumably that obligation has ended.

Hopefully you will get the money together to make regular trips to visit your son. Let your ex accuse you of harassing her (by email inquiries regarding well-being of sons). Continue to demand academic and medical records. Something down the road may happen and children will know there is someone, other than their mother, who cares.

Good luck - you'll need every bit of it.

Comment

yes , that is correct, getting a second job doesn't help more support for her the system is broken , i jiust want to see my boys and have them in my life .

Comment

Talk is cheap. You are short (by your estimation) 250.00 for each trip you take to see your children. How difficult is it to make that money?

Hopefully you have not gotten yourself into yet another relationship with more children (I suspect this is the case). If not, then you are an unencumbered young man with time on your hands, with no child care responsibilities. Sure you may pay your ex increase in CS (I don't know how it is calculated) but if you truly want to see your children you will do whatever it takes to make it happen. You might go a few times without seeing them. However, they will know you made the effort.

Comment

sorry Arabian , your assumptions about my finaces are incorrect and 1 point i must make is she is not following the court order we had established a pick up point at the 3 hour point in travel and cost expense , she is now refusing to meet at ,

Comment

Unfortunately there are a number of things that are an issue now. 1. You werent able to stop the move. She left without your permission and established a status quo. 2. You can’t enforce her meeting you and she knows it. 3. Your son is 14 and able to make the decision to not see you.

This entire situation is stacked against you. Even if she was still in town you could struggle with him not wanting to see you because hes a teen.

I dont know what your court date is for but you may be able to use this but again a judge cant make a teen do what he doesnt want and your ex knows this.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X