X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is great.

Hi,

I have recently gone through a divorce (without my knowledge), and am now working on a viable parenting plan that my fiancee and I have created over 5 months of hard research. My ex is doing everything that she can to prevent me from seeing my daughter including filing harassment complaints against my current spouse. I am quite tired of having to deal with the lawyers, as you can imagine, and I'm hoping to find some answers or suggestions that two heads may have not thought of.

This seems like one of the most worthwhile forums that I've seen for folks like us.

Hi Nitrocellulose,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your kind words!

Please feel free to ask you questions you have or ask for suggestions.

You've got me really curious: how did a divorce occur without your knowledge?
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I have been deployed since Feb of this year, and taking part in work-up training since then. Apparently last Oct my ex filed (finally) and the paperwork was not forwarded to me. I found out in June of this year while researching a variance that i was filing to further detail the access order that is already in place.

I have no idea how this could have happened without my knowledge and I am quite surprised that it passed since they all know where I live and can get a hold of me quite easily.

I'm happy to have it but it would have made filing amendments to the order a lot easier by contesting it.

Comment

Did your ex claim that the papers had been forwarded to you?
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I believe that she would have had to, but my signsture was on none of the paperwork. I have copies of all of it. I'm thinking that she "assumed" that there would be no-contest and informed her counsel of this assumtion. She has done this in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if it has happened in this case.

NOTE: I say assume because I cannot prove that she is lying...

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't there of been a hearing in front of a jusge and she would have had to serve you notice before it occurred and aslo complete an affidavit of service of the documents served upon you.

If she obtained orders under false pretenses or fraud they can be changed.
            Go to the court file and ask for copies of affidavit of service for these documents.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the tip...I will look through what I have and see if I can dig something up, if I not...I know the address of the court clerk...LOL.

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X