Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Can someone tell me if the minutes of settlement is part of the final divorce order! My final divorce refers to minutes of settlement. If I can't see it on my divorce order they refer to the minutes of settlement. I wonder if they do this so it don't take up so much paper? Lol! Just curious.

Minutes of settlement must be turned into a Final Order (if you want). You need to have the Minutes issued by the court for it to be an order. This is my understanding anyway.

Comment

Minutes of Settlement are (if I recollect accurately) the Judge's handwritten notes of the Judge's decision.
      The "winning" party (or the party with the lawyer in self-rep. vs. party with lawyer) turns those notes (Minutes of Settlement) into the Court Order, which has to be approved for grammar etc. (E.G. Tuesday is typed as Tuesday and not Thursday), but can't change the Judge's order.
      When both sides have signed the Order, then it is taken to the court, signed and filed. Order mailed out etc.
      If you don't have a copy of "The Minutes of Settlement", you can ask for a copy from your lawyer, or go to court and request a copy.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X