This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article:Don't be deceived by glamorous depictions of divorce

Article from the local paper here in Regina, figured might be worth posting here.

Don't be deceived by glamorous depictions of divorce: Expert

But...

I'm not getting divorced cause I thought it would be glamorous.

I got divorced because I was f'ing miserable every day and knew it wasn't gonna get any better. You only get one life.

I don't regret my decision..despite the tribulations of family court.

Comment

God help me, I was deceived. I pursued the glamour and the glory, and all I got was a faster car, sex with beautiful younger women, some of the finest scotch I've ever tasted, and more money.

Comment

That's what I got.

Comment

You got a divorce "because you were feeling miserable", what did that have to do with your spouse. and family. Did you quit your job because you were miserable, you would be there 1/3 of the time........da! Did you stop eating and sleeping as that is another 3rd of your life. Happiness comes from within, you have to decide to take responsibility for yourself, like you think the whole divorce thing was going to fix it. Divorces last a lifetime, the emotional devastation to everyone around you, the financial implications that last a life time. Have you ever known any cat that could change their spots?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X