This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

Anyone have any New Years Resolutions to start off 2006?

Yep, along with the usual I am planning on leaving the past behind me, and taking control of my life. No more feeling bad for things I did not do, and definately not taking the blame for what my ex does not do for the kids. I am going to let him take on responsibility for his actions and short comings. I plan to get ME back and live again. And you know, join the gym, exercise more...... the usual. How about you Grace? Happy New Year!

Comment

Lisa,

Good for you, sounds like your ready to move on. I'm in a really good place emotionally now, but it did take a few years. I just want to get the litigation part over with. So for 2006 that is my wish.

As far as a resolution, it's the usual, trying to sick with an exercise program, and maintaining a healthier life style.

Happy New Year, to you too!!!

Comment

New years res

Hmmm ...

1. Become a Prayer Warrior.
        2. Remain LOVE focused with a high level of BELIEF and FAITH.
        3. Increase my workout intensity at gym ...
        4. Get a new hair look
        5. Tan
        6. Research and understand Relationships and what makes them work.
        7. Help others in similar situation

When I'm done, my spouse is not going to recognize me!

Hubby

Comment

Hubby, I too want to get closer to God through prayer, reading my Bible more,attending alot of Christian functions and giving GOD'S plan for my life to Him. I have prayed for God to show me what he wants me to do;i.e. purpose in my life.
          There's a man in our church who is and has been praying for a christian revival for a long time and I believe it's in the works--I'd like to have my hand in this somehow.
          You're going to be a busy man with all your resolutions! I took psychology for a few semesters long before I had children because I like knowing what makes people tick..whether relationship based or everyday interacting within society; that may be a downfall I have--tooo analytical.
          I enrolled and tried to finish psychology several times before my ex and I split but he'd always say"once you're successful, you'd leave me"and then move into his mother's house until I dropped out of my classes. Now for the past several years I been so busy with court nonsense and $ going out left, right, and center. I haven't been able to focus on finishing nor can I afford it. The times I enrolled I was still working, so there was never a financial burden on anyone else.
          I have an appointment at the YMCA tomorrow evening for a membership; I really want to exercise as intently as I used to--anything physically demanding, I would be the first to sign up.
          I used to tan at the salons 3-4 times a week but now I use a tanning cream-----no I'm not orange Ha Ha. I like having a healthy "glow". I may not feel healthy at times but hey! I look it!!!HA
          A strong resolution I have is to find a new, peaceful direction in my life--a calm serenity even in times of adversity.

Hope everyone has a wonderful new year.

Comment

[QUOTE=A strong resolution I have is to find a new, peaceful direction in my life--a calm serenity even in times of adversity.[/QUOTE]

Well, we all know where calmness and serenity in times of adversity can be found. Based on that, I believe you will find and achieve your resolution.

Hubby

Comment

My New Year's resolution is to lose weight...the same as last year. I lost 25 pounds over the last year and would love to lose even more this year.

Comment

Shellye79,

Oh, seperation/divorce in itself can help you to lose weight!

Hubby

Comment

Isn't that the truth! I lost more than 40 lbs in less then 6 months and I am still losing, can't seem to stop for some reason!

Comment

That's good to know. I haven't seemed to be losing any weight. It must have had no affect on me. haha

Comment

Originally posted by shellye79
                      That's good to know. I haven't seemed to be losing any weight. It must have had no affect on me. haha
                      Ah, could be because your dating again!

Hubby

Comment

Yep, dating will get your spirits up!

Do you feel alot more confident about yourself now?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X