Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs for disclosure of docs - who pays

Hi,

who pays for production of things like retroactive appraisals and bank/investement statements of premarital assets ? Rule 19 (2) is vague to me at least. I owned 2 rental properties and a sports car when i got married. I had retroactive appraisals done for these items but if the respondent asks for these documents to they have to bare their costs ?

If you had the appraisals done don't you have the documents? Spend a few bucks and photocopy them?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      If you had the appraisals done don't you have the documents? Spend a few bucks and photocopy them?
      I have them. I had them done knowing she would ask for them. But it looks like from Rule 19 that she may have to bare at least some of the costs to them. No ?

Comment

You had them done before they even asked, and now that they have asked...you want them to pay?

I would think if you were getting solely because they asked, then you might have grounds to ask them to pay. Doing so now seems rather petty.

What would your reply be if the situation were reversed?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X