This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Partner Requirements

So you've been burned by divorce and have finally started looking for someone else. Has what went wrong with your last relationship given you new perspective on what you are looking for in a new partner?

I personally am being a little more stringent in what I'm looking for in a prospective partner. Here's my list of requirements, and I'd be interested in knowing what yours might be:

1. Has a job.
    2. Not crazy.
    3. No drama queens.

That's pretty much it. It's actually much harder to find all 3 than one would think

Originally posted by About_Time
    So you've been burned by divorce and have finally started looking for someone else. Has what went wrong with your last relationship given you new perspective on what you are looking for in a new partner?

I personally am being a little more stringent in what I'm looking for in a prospective partner. Here's my list of requirements, and I'd be interested in knowing what yours might be:

1. Has a job.
    2. Not crazy.
    3. No drama queens.

That's pretty much it. It's actually much harder to find all 3 than one would think
    Has definitely given me a new perspective. I think that I have come to the conclusion that while opposites may attract, they never really understand each other, so it's probably better to seek someone closer to your own personality.

Also with respect to items 2 & 3 above, I think as you get older it gets harder to find qualifying people.

Comment

Originally posted by wondering50
      Also with respect to items 2 & 3 above, I think as you get older it gets harder to find qualifying people.
      Agreed. That's it - from now on I'm not dating anyone over the age of 25

Comment

Never though about it

Hi There,
        Although separated for two years now ,I never though of a new relatioship.But after bearing him for three years my only requirement is "HE should be a HUMAN".LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sufferer
          Hi There,
          Although separated for two years now ,I never though of a new relatioship.But after bearing him for three years my only requirement is "HE should be a HUMAN".LOL
          Well, as human as we men get, I suppose

Comment

;-)

Ateast that much,unless and until you men are kid enough tobe more

Comment

Sorry , my mistake Its KIND

Comment

Very interesting post.

Personally I was looking for the man that was "overly" honest if that is possible without being rude and a very good sense of humour.

Someone who is able and willing to be completely open and up front with all aspects of their life and feelings is very important as there leaves no room for speculation or wonder. I do not think it is possible to find someone who is not, at some level, dramatizing. But crazy???? Well that is subjective.

Yup, open and honest with a sense of humour, because if you can laugh at yourself and your boo boo, it makes it easier. Think about it, if you’re having a bad day or things just seem to be going wrong, doesn’t it make you feel better when someone can make you laugh and laugh with you?

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Needs_To_Change
                  But crazy???? Well that is subjective.
                  Not in my case. She was arrested and ordered by the court to attend psychological counselling as part of her probation order.

Comment

That "is" very unfortunate.
                    And I hope things are better for you now.

Best of luck.
                    FL

Comment

long walks!!!

Looking for someone who likes long walks, sunsets and .....just kidding..lol...

I am really not looking for anyone.....I don't trust anyone....

I would not be good for anyone right now....I need to heal first. When I do...look out...I'll be looking for a good man....kind...social drinker....fishing ...camping....but for now I will wait until I am ready.

That might take awhile...it is hard to trust.

Comment

Yeah trust is a hard think to regain. I basically just made a conscious effort to trust people again - but I'm much less forgiving of breaches of that trust now.

Either way, no need to rush. I dated a woman for about 3 months and then realized I really didn't want to be dating anyone after all. Now I'm enjoying focusing on me for a bit

Comment

Trust is the major issue for me as well...I find it very hard to meet new people now. Once bitten twice shy n'est ce pas?
                          I think if you're looking, it won't happen. Once you are happy on your own, you stand a much better chance of attracting someone when you least expect it.
                          At this point I can't even imagine myself trusting someone ever again, which is really unfortunate, and depressing...

Comment

things my father taught me

things my father's record taught me:
                            marry once if you think you should.
                            twice if you learned something the first time.
                            after that, admit that your people picker is broken.

my ex and I married for what we thought was love, but neither of us will make that mistake again.

Comment

Once again...

That is sad. My second partner deliberately broke my trust to revenge a perceived wrong. What does that say about my ability to pick people??? I am exhausted at the idea of starting over again. Anyone out there with advice? I am a well educated, well employed person who works with people for a living. Why can't I figure this out ?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X