Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic News - OCL squarely on my side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic News - OCL squarely on my side.

My dear community,

As some of you may know, I have been in a high conflict custody battle for my 4 children for the last tortuous 2.5 years, in which I drove back and forth from Ottawa to Toronto and eventually moved to Toronto.

I had won primary care and residence for my D14 in January of this year.

Things finally go to a settlement conference this Friday. I have just received the OCL's brief.

It is seeking an interim order to have the children live with each parent on a week about (week on/off) basis.

I read this and cried for joy as its what I have been fighting for the past 3 years for. I know that nothing will happen at the settlement conference but I am relieved beyond belief.

I want to thank everyone in the community who has offered there help to date, and as soon as I have time, I intent to become a regular contributor to the forum to help others.

Many humble thanks to all.

Congratulations, I had a recommendation from an esteemed psychologist that there should be shared custody without a doubt and for some unacceptable (she has no job, they haven't been in daycare) reasons the judge went against the recommendation and told me to come back in 2 years and ask again.... literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      Congratulations, I had a recommendation from an esteemed psychologist that there should be shared custody without a doubt and for some unacceptable (she has no job, they haven't been in daycare) reasons the judge went against the recommendation and told me to come back in 2 years and ask again.... literally.
      discouraging.

Comment

Different province, different issues. I think, based on all the crap people have posted about OCL, this is a good step in the right direction.

Plus your ex is unreasonable so theres also that card to play. Your win with your oldest speaks volumes, build on your successes. Think positively!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Very encouraging and well-deserved news for you.

Your children have a wonderful father.

Comment

Yay! Congratulations. That is a big step for you.

(Don't let Links discourage you. He has other factors affecting his case.)

It is a wonderful step. Don't think of it as anything less.

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to discourage you. Just a reminder to not count your chickens before they hatch and to keep building your case.

Your daughter lives with you full time so that is another ace in the hole. Keeping siblings together as much as possible is a priority for judges.

Comment

That is great news and will go a long way in court.

Comment

Congrats and good luck at your SC on Friday!

Comment

Community...

if its of use to anyone, here is what happened at SC.

1. Judge said that the chance of STBX getting the custody and access assessment she was demanding, in light of the clinical involvement of the OCL was NIL.

2. OCL took the strong position of motioning to have the week on/off access happen immediately.

The Justice then adjourned the S/C to Jan.

So overall very good news.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X