Offer to settle in a contempt motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer to settle in a contempt motion

My daughters mother was found in contempt on December 8th but the judge wanted us to come back Jan 22nd for me to amend my motion asking for overnights, she also said I was to address the additional issues in new contempt motion form. Judge reserved costs until the January 22nd date.

Prior to the December 8th motion I did not submit an official offer to settle.

So we are going back to court Jan 22. Can I do an offer to settle on a contempt motion? If so can I make an offer for a contempt finding that has happened but where the relief has not been ordered yet?

If I can make an offer I understand that the point of the offer is to be less then your offer sought but will it look bad for you on the items that you take away? So I have 6 items on my offer sought but I am considering just placing the main 3 on my offer to settle. Not because I don't think the other issues are important and I would like them but because the three are the main things that I really feel are vital.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X