proving spousal support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proving spousal support

What does one do to have to prove spousal support.
    What would her steps of action be

Google "Entitlement Spousal Support"

That is the first step.

If she proves entitlement, then be prepared for her lawyer to provide a Divorcemate calculation which will almost certainly be fraudulent and you will be stuck paying an outrageous amount of spousal support.

That's what happened to me when I first went to court. I was prepared for lawyer and ex fraud this time and in my recent trial she was denied spousal support. A win for good vs evil...

Comment

Thanks for the response , I just really want to educate myself and this board has been great. I've seen 3 lawyers hoping for a different response all 3 have said that I will be paying ??? just not sure how much. I can't believe I can't find a lawyer that will disagree, they all said well you make 85.000 and she makes 21,000 so you will pay. If its this cut and dry I guess I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Comment

I really don't want to answer you but I will for the general population.

Lawyers represent the status quo, they don't care about your case and they don't really argue important points most of the time. It's all template, copy, paste....

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

In his crude way, Links17 actually gives decent advice. He seems to feel the same way about lawyers that I do - They don't care about you, they don't care about finding the truth and getting a quick resolution. They care about prolonging the case as long as possible to steal as much of your money as possible. This seems to be the standard for lawyers. They have a bad reputation for a reason.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X