Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya....i had to take out the very little rrsp's i had last month to pay more child support....Remember 50/50....that blows my mind that i care for my daughter half the time...yet pay pay pay..... cause apparently i am more of a parent then the mother....except in her eyes....i am less of a parent....i dont have the right to make decisions. lol..

Comment

So well stated by both of you, Nathank and Got2bkid. My husband and I are in a similar boat, and it is indeed quite frustrating, especially when a large portion of MY paycheque goes towards supporting a child that isn't biologically mine... all because my husband and I want what is best for his child, and know that if we don't pay more than we're obligated to, his mother won't (she'll just complain how our contribution of at least 50% doesn't "beging to cover...") and the child will suffer.

It definitely shouldn't be this way. Especially when the custodial parent is affording vacations to the Carribean 2-3 times per year and has just purchased a brand new luxary car, fully loaded.

Comment

Holy Dalia & like people,

I am sure there are people like you that have issues with parents that do not live up to their responsibilities and become absent. I have heard of women that get little or nothing from their exes and they do not help in the upbringing of the kids. It is sad and disgusting. And if they really need the money or are just barely getting by, then that is not an easy task. All I will say is I find those people to be a sad example of human beings.

But the majority of people around here are dealing with a seriously screwed up system. It's a system where the NCP gets no credit for his/her expenses. No credit for the 35% of time they spend with their kids and the CP won't agree to allow a bit more time otherwise that will cut their support payments in half so that they can't vacation in the Carribean and other places. I can't afford a house and have been going into debt since my lying and abusive ex and I split 3 years ago. I do my best and don't argue that support is required (althought she is married again and now brings in around $120k est. including her husband). But I still have to pay $2,300 per month after taxes because she needs the money and section seven costs. So she gets $7k net per month in income, plus my 2.3k + a few hundred in tax breaks and another 3 hundred in child tax benefit. So she now has around $10k net per month (net) and I have around 30% of that. Please explain the fairness to me about that. I'll wait anxiously for your reply.

Yes, the system is so fair (insert sarcastic laugh) Give your head a shake. If you don't like the comments, please keep quiet.

Comment

No it is not fair...And I dont think it will ever change. People have tried to take the guidelines to court and they have been punished for trying

This page is available to GlobePlus subscribers

Also there are so many petitions out there to try to stop this injustice, yet nothing ever changes.
          Some one from the goverment is benefiting from this disgusting injustice and thats why it will never be rectified.

www.canadacourtwatch.com

http://www.canadacourtwatch.com/Stud...TheEffects.pdf

www.childrenwith2homes.ca

Canadian Child Support Guidelines are Unfair to "Second" Families Petition

I could post these sites all day, there are so many of them!
          So yes government of Canada keep ignoring us, Keep violating our civil rights, Keep giving single mothers all the more reason to go out and have babys with more then one person. (If I were a woman, the best business to get into in Canada, is the baby making business. TAX FREE). here is another site thats interesting

13 suspects arrested for child support fraud - Fort Bend Herald TX USA - 22JUN06

What more can I say??

Comment

Dalia,

I had to smile when I saw this statement you made. "I'm really sick of the way absent parents are allowed to run up legal bills, shirk their responsibilities and then have the gall to complain about court mandated child support expenses."

My legal bills, and I would bet this applies to most NCP's, are the result of many trips to court responding to outrageous and ridiculous motions brought forward by an ex who does not want to agree on anything and will go to court at the drop of a hat.....

I know for a fact she spent 3 years and $27,000 in legal bills to get awarded a $12,000 payment from me..... Guess what....that was exactly what I had offered to pay her 3 years previous!!!!
            She still thinks she won even though she is $15,000 out of pocket .....Why?..... Because I had to go deeper into debt to defend myself and she get's off at having the ability to continue to ruin my life.

Comment

SICK.......That is just SICK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by system_sucks View Post
                If you don't like the comments, please keep quiet.
                Ah, nice to hear from an open mind (insert sarcastic laugh)...

Comment

Billm,

I will restate my last comment. If you don't have something constructive and intelligent to add, it might be better to save your typing.

Billm, your comment was illuminating and so well thought out. Thanks for taking the time to add an intelligent perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by system_sucks View Post
                    Billm,

I will restate my last comment. If you don't have something constructive and intelligent to add, it might be better to save your typing.

Billm, your comment was illuminating and so well thought out. Thanks for taking the time to add an intelligent perspective.
                    ditto!!!

Comment

Just a general thought to add....

Once the pendulum swings too far away from centre, people get upset, get organized and ultimately get results. Women realized unfairness in the way things were in the 60's and 70's...advocacy groups sprung up and lobbying commenced...changes happened.

Men will someday organize effectively. Advocacy groups will form (perhaps programs for abused men that are free of cost will spring up). Lobbying will commence.

My hope is that it becomes fair for the woman, the man and ultimately, the children.

Comment

I like that Barry....well said

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X