Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have order for sale of marital home - Real estate agent will still not list - Arg !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have order for sale of marital home - Real estate agent will still not list - Arg !!

Hello community.

I have an order for the sale of the marital home. It states: " The marital home at ..... shall be put up for sale as of ....." it then says. "The parties shall cooperate. "

STBX has done anything but cooperate, only goodness knows why.

The real estate agent is refusing to list the property unless he has both signatures. I showed him the order but he does not seem to care.

Buy the time I take this back to court for contempt, the summer will be over and the house will sit empty for another winter.

What am I to do ?

For Sale By Owner ?

Do you have to use an agent?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      For Sale By Owner ?

Do you have to use an agent?
      I think that its best to involve an agent in the sale. If I appear to act entirely unilaterally, the sale would carry less legitimacy.

Comment

Get another real estate agent.

Is there a reason why the ex won't cooperate?

Comment

100% get another agent - there's plenty of them out there!

Comment

Getting another agent will not fix the problem. No agent will go to all the trouble of trying to sell a house and then having the deal flop for lack of proper paperwork. Waste of everybody's time.

Go to court and get her signature asap.

Comment

Try to get another agent.

In the meantime file a motion allowing you to dispose of the property without her involvement. You can also file a motion for contempt too.

Comment

My understanding is....If both names are on title, both signatures are required.
                Otherwise, every time one spouse gets mad at the other, the house could be sold. The house in theory could be sold at below market value. Same hold true for a line of credit.

Comment

As others have mentioned, there is nothing the Realtor can do. As a Realtor I might be reluctant to work too hard even when/if she DOES sign. If she doesn't want to sell she can sure sabitoge things.

Hope she comes around!!!

Comment

My house had to be foreclosed on to finally sell. It totally sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDressInToronto View Post
                      My house had to be foreclosed on to finally sell. It totally sucked.
                      Me too... :-(. I wish I would have put all those mortgage payments beforehand In a spot for tougher times, or a nice vacation!
                      The ex's lawyer or the ex might starve you out or delay until you make a very very generous offer first....who knows though. You can always play their game and stop mortgage payments or threaten to, if you do maybe check with a lawyer first as you will have to make sure she is notified so she can protect her interests in the home if you stop paying. Fighting in courts is so $$expensive$$ most of the time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X