Preparing for 2nd SC............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for 2nd SC............

I need to prepare for my second SC that is coming up. I have taking notes from previous post in my previous thread.

I guess Im looking for confidence here. I have the OCL in my favour and Im going to lean on that with all my weight. Although , the ex expresses many concerns that was conjured up and worsen as the proceedings went along.

So what I am thinking is simply finding 3 major concerns to dispose orally using tabs and referring back to previous Briefs.

How to determine what needs to be addressed?

this is were Im scratching my head. Im not sure what to say.............

What I would like to say is that " My ex concerns have not been concerns prior or during these proceedings until our SC. None of the ex concerns are true and do not reflect how I parent our child. "

I kinda wanna switch it on the ex rather then showing my card hand. I would like to save the best for last. I am confident that the ex claims will not and cannot hold up without kinda of incriminating themselves.

Did that make sense?

Do not tell your ex's story. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
      Do not tell your ex's story. Never.
      Im not sure I understand Serene? can you elaborate on your statement please?

Comment

What I would like to say is that " My ex concerns have not been concerns prior or during these proceedings until our SC. None of the ex concerns are true and do not reflect how I parent our child. "
        Your ex's concerns were not concerns prior to these proceedings is "her story". You have no idea what her concerns are/were. Talk about what you want and why it is in the best interests of the child.

I kinda wanna switch it on the ex rather then showing my card hand.
        ...I'm confused... you have "cards to play" that would work in your favour and help you with your children (access, money, custody, etc.) and you are holding out? That doesn't sound like a good plan...

I would like to save the best for last.
        Why? Hey, if you're a good father - what in the world would make it a good idea to save this "for last"? Ooooo I'm worried about ya!

I am confident that the ex claims will not and cannot hold up without kinda of incriminating themselves.
        Then let her do that all by herself. You focus on trying to convey that you are a good, caring and loving father. That is YOUR job to prove to the court.

...I'm not sure if you are aware... but the ONLY person who MIGHT toot your own horn...IS YOU! If you aren't going to convey that you are good and loving father - who the hell is?

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
          Your ex's concerns were not concerns prior to these proceedings is "her story". You have no idea what her concerns are/were. Talk about what you want and why it is in the best interests of the child.

...I'm confused... you have "cards to play" that would work in your favour and help you with your children (access, money, custody, etc.) and you are holding out? That doesn't sound like a good plan...

Why? Hey, if you're a good father - what in the world would make it a good idea to save this "for last"? Ooooo I'm worried about ya!

Then let her do that all by herself. You focus on trying to convey that you are a good, caring and loving father. That is YOUR job to prove to the court.

...I'm not sure if you are aware... but the ONLY person who MIGHT toot your own horn...IS YOU! If you aren't going to convey that you are good and loving father - who the hell is?
          THANK YOU

I fully comprehend what you are saying and you are right. I am afraid that her concerns may convince the judge otherwise. but none of her concerns have any validity to them and are simply unprofessional opinions.

damn your awesome.

Comment

Listen, judges have been through this before. You really don't have the only vindictive ex wife out there. Anyone can say anything they want at any time. And just because it is in an affidavit doesn't make it true. My hubby was a pedo and a bunch of other things according to mom. When trial time came whaddya know - her key witness (the pedo'd kid) didn't show and CAS was sitting waiting to testify for US! And never once did she tell the judge despite 8 inches of sworn lies about what a terrible guy he was... it was irrelevant. I can honestly say most judges didn't read a word she wrote.

And another word of caution: A judge will blast you for stuff that you will be confused about. They do this for one of two reasons 1. because you are completely wrong or mostly wrong, or 2. to try to make you come closer to an agreement with the ex.

I say this because it does leave a self rep'd confused sometime. Read my post about our trial experience... it will help shed some light on things.

Good luck to you.

Comment

I have already been thrown curve balls from this judge. I am more then prepared for this SC. Especially knowing my rights and having more knowledge of the court system. I do not have to agree with anything in the SC that the ex is asking orders for. And the judge will not order them considering that they are not serious issues or serious concerns that would need an emergency decision.

The ex offer to settle is extremely backwards from when we first started. I presume that this is because the OCL report is in my favour and if the ex wishes to get anything out of this, the ex proposed a worse case Offer in hopes we can meet in the middle.

I would love to post both offers to settle for shits and giggles.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X