X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS - ouch!

Maple Leaf Foods CEO must pay $175k a month in spousal support, court rules

And she gets to stay on his benefit plan! Nice.

Comment

175k a month? what the fuck would i do with all that money?

Comment

Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi - - $132K SS PER DAY!!

http://www.SpartanburgLawyers.com/

Comment

anything over 3k a month is excessive. anything beyond that is just a lavish lifestyle.

no wonder why men have very little trust in women these days, it just seems there out to get money from us for marriage and child support.

Comment

Re: Michael McCain - that's an *interim* spousal support order.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/na...service=mobile
            Last edited by hadenough; 01-13-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

doesnt matter that is still ALOT of money even temporary.

175k would get me my own earthship for about 35k off the grid with my own garden, a car for about what 25k? and the rest is for internet, phone and clothes.

What can people really do with 175k a month. why dont they go invest back into the community ffs.

Comment

"no wonder why men have very little trust in women these days, it just seems there out to get money from us for marriage and child support."

Really.. Is that ^ what's happening to you Syngreis?

"Interim" meaning it could likely go up! And people that loaded rarely invest or 'give back' to the community except for tax breaks/shelters.
                Last edited by hadenough; 01-13-2013, 03:10 AM.

Comment

ive only been involved with 1 woman for the last decade.

what i meant was that if someone was making that much money in a month just from spousal support, hell why dont you invest into something where your in the position that you dont need much money anymore? so when you no longer get spousal support you will still live very comfortably.

Comment

I'm fairly certain those SS decisions/awards are indefinite. These folks will never "know" what a budget is, let alone disadvantage or poverty.

The former Italian PM (his 2nd marriage, and likely not his last) has agreed to pay 132K *per DAY*** in SS.

These people are obscenely wealthy. It is difficult (read: impossible) for most of us to even IMAGINE what having this kind of money is like.

Comment

I'm not sure why the ultra rich ever get married, there must be cheaper ways for getting everything that you would get from a marriage, but for much less.

Hell, I'm not even sure why anybody gets married to a lower-income spouse, but that's another story entirely

Comment

Janus: I'm not sure why anyone gets married at ALL!

Maybe a switch gets flipped and these super-rich ppl think "ahh f*ck it - I can afford to get married and divorced as many times as I want."

And hmmm, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are not exactly "faithful" either. So they truly can "have it all." For the political types, it's a much better image for them to be married and a "family man" with integrity and values.

Hey, Britney Spears was paying Kevin Federline several thousand per month after their split. Works both ways but obviously there are more men paying SS than there are women.

Comment

yes but they had more then 1 child together. several thousand dollars is acceptable because of more then 1 child and the other parent clearly has the means to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                            Janus: I'm not sure why anyone gets married at ALL!
                            To be honest, my advice for my children will be to never get married to anybody who has a lower income, under any circumstances.

Of course, if the reverse is true, then get married, and get married fast. Marriage is awesome for the unskilled and the lazy. Since those descriptors will hopefully not apply to my children, then, as I said, I will strenuously urge them to avoid marriage if they can help it in any way.

Frankly, my daughter is probably wasting her time becoming smart and educated. Financially speaking, it is probably more profitable to be the type of woman that rich men appreciate (and marry), so she can divorce them and reap the rewards. Hopefully after at least one kid, so she can really get the big bucks. I read about a finishing school recently in the paper, perhaps I should look into that.

If she marries some stupid guy who doesn't have the skills the compete in the evolving marketplace, she could be stuck supporting him after he has an affair and leaves her. She doesn't need to deal with that type of nonsense.

Comment

my position with marriage is its a sacred union between 2 people coming together. I dont need a piece of paper to tell me im married for the sake of allowing government to meddle into my private affairs.

You want to keep your own stuff? get married in your backyard and invite your friends. Dont bother with a stupid piece of paper. Its not the job for government to know if your married or not. you go in with what you and go out with what you have. if you got property that BOTH of you contributed then you split the equity. settled.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X