Ontario parenting after separation courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario parenting after separation courses

I did some searches but nothing really jumps out. How do you find a good course to take? I haven't been to court so haven't received any recommendations there.

Thanks for any ideas.

I took one from my local family services department.

"Parenting After Divorce/Separation". Very informative. Plus I got to meet with a lot of parents going through rough divorces also (I often wondered if some of them were on these forums. lol)

Money well spent.

Comment

I was forced to take one. I think I was the only one in the group who had a job, one recovering drug addict, one convicted killer out of jail after 20 years, a few wife and child beaters, one illegal immigrant. It was fun. Kind of. But at least it was free.

Probably there are courses for better folks, but those courses mostly taken by those who don't need them.

Comment

Does it need to be an "after separation" course? I've taken some decent ones, through our Region, about positive parenting that I've always thought were informative.
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

It doesn't need to be after separation. But I was interested in something that focused on parents in different homes and how to make that easier on the kids.

I am in a weird transition time where I am doing everything I can to make things easy and keeping him informed, but he tells me almost nothing. It's making things very difficult. I can't make him behave better though. I thought a course might give me some ideas.

The local family services still has course from March 2015 as the upcoming courses. I will have to give them a call.

I need to go back and read "Mom's House, Dad's House" again. I started last year but it upset me too much because we were so far from being able to cooperate.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X